Thread: New MSI 890GXM-G56 build wont boot at all

unsure New MSI 890GXM-G56 build wont boot at all

I have recently made a new build with MSI 890GXM-G56, the problem that I am facing with the same is that the system is not booting at all. I have tried testing out all the connections and have reseated all the components as well. I am just running out of ideas and I am not able to find out the cause of this issue. Since the board is quite new I don’t think that there might be something wrong with it. I just wanted to know the possible workaround that I can try out here to track the cause of this problem.

Re: New MSI 890GXM-G56 build wont boot at all

There are a no of possible workaround for this case and they are as followed:
    • Take out the motherboard from the case check out the connections, reseat all the components like ram, processor, video card etc and inspect the board for any kind of short circuit.
    • If the system is still not booting then remove the un required components like hdd, cd rom, video card if the board is having integrated video card and see if the it is booting up or not.
    • If that does not help the there are possibilities that there might be something wrong with the ram, if you are having multiple ram then you should try using one ram at a time to find out the faulty one.
    • If you don’t think there is anything wrong with the ram then you will have to check out the psu, it might not be able to provide the required power. If you are having some other working psu then you can test out your board with it.
    • If you still do not have any luck with these things then you will have to test out the processor. Which is the processor in your case?? Are you sure it is compatible with the board??
    • Have you tried updating the bios? If not then try out the same and make sure you are updating to the latest.
    • Other than this I just wanted to know which cable are you using for the connection, I am not sure whether that will make any difference but I have found some people mentioning that there were having similar issue and they had fixed it out by swapping the cable. I mean if you are using a standard vga cable then you can try using hdmi one and if you are using hdmi cable then you can try using a standard vga cable.

These possible solutions should definitely help you out in narrowing down the cause of the issue and fix it out as well. If at all you don’t think that there is anything wrong with the other component then you will have to get your motherboard replaced. There are possibilities that there might be something wrong with the board itself. I don’t think that there is any other solution that you can try out for trouble shooting a board if it is not booting.

So I have tried out all the possible solutions that have been mentioned here and below are the response I have got.
    • As I have mentioned I had already checked out all the connection and have reseated all the component as well but now I have taken out the board and have inspected it for short circuits as well and I have not found anything like that.
    • I have tried unplugging components like hdd, cd rom, video card but the system is still not booting.
    • I really don’t think that there is anything wrong with the ram as I have tested them out in other machine and they were working fine there.
    • I have tested out the board with other psu as well and I am getting same response from it, I mean no boot, no beeps and all.
    • As far as the processor is concerned I am having AMD Phenom 2 X4 965 black edition and I am quite sure that it is compatible with the board. I don’t think that there is any incompatibility issue as it has been mentioned in the support list of MSI 890GXM-G56.
    • I have tried clearing bios and updating it to the latest version available as well but did not had any luck.
    • I was using a standard vga cable for connection the monitor but after your suggestion I have tried using hdmi cable and as I doubted it did not made any difference as well.

So as these solutions have not made any difference in my case there is something wrong with the board right??

Yes, Like I have already said if these trouble shooting won’t make any difference in your case then you are having a faulty motherboard. If there was something wrong with any other component like ram and processor that are required for booting you would have come to know about the same. Since you have tested out these components in a working machine and have found them to be working out fine there then your MSI 890GXM-G56 is the culprit. Better get it checked or replaced,as it is new there should not be any problem in getting a replacement for it. Best of luck.