| || |
Join Date: Feb 2012
Re: New MSI 890GXM-G56 build wont boot at all
There are a no of possible workaround for this case and they are as followed:
- Take out the motherboard from the case check out the connections, reseat all the components like ram, processor, video card etc and inspect the board for any kind of short circuit.
- If the system is still not booting then remove the un required components like hdd, cd rom, video card if the board is having integrated video card and see if the it is booting up or not.
- If that does not help the there are possibilities that there might be something wrong with the ram, if you are having multiple ram then you should try using one ram at a time to find out the faulty one.
- If you don?t think there is anything wrong with the ram then you will have to check out the psu, it might not be able to provide the required power. If you are having some other working psu then you can test out your board with it.
- If you still do not have any luck with these things then you will have to test out the processor. Which is the processor in your case?? Are you sure it is compatible with the board??
- Have you tried updating the bios? If not then try out the same and make sure you are updating to the latest.
- Other than this I just wanted to know which cable are you using for the connection, I am not sure whether that will make any difference but I have found some people mentioning that there were having similar issue and they had fixed it out by swapping the cable. I mean if you are using a standard vga cable then you can try using hdmi one and if you are using hdmi cable then you can try using a standard vga cable.
These possible solutions should definitely help you out in narrowing down the cause of the issue and fix it out as well. If at all you don?t think that there is anything wrong with the other component then you will have to get your motherboard replaced. There are possibilities that there might be something wrong with the board itself. I don?t think that there is any other solution that you can try out for trouble shooting a board if it is not booting.