Thread: Msi 870a-g46 crashes with Nvidia EVGA 9800gt driver

Msi 870a-g46 crashes with Nvidia EVGA 9800gt driver

I have recently replaced my old motherboard with Msi 870a-g46 as it had gone faulty. I did not had any issues with the installation part and I have installed all the components with the required drivers but now I am facing driver crash almost all the time. I have tried out uninstalling and reinstalling driver several times but it is not making any difference in my case, I have tried making fresh installation of the latest driver as well but no matter what I have tried I have not got any luck and I am still facing driver crash, the same video card was working fine with the previous board I was having and I did not had any issues like that. I just wanted to know if anyone is aware of this issue here and can help me out in solving it

Re: Msi 870a-g46 crashes with Nvidia EVGA 9800gt driver

Before I suggest you something about the same I just wanted to know that are you facing video card driver crash just after starting the system or after some time. If you are facing crash after some time then I will guess it is due to overheating. Have you inspected the card in the case environment to see if it is actually getting overheated? Just check out the temperature of the cards using application like SpeedFan. If you find it due to overheating then you can try running the fan on high or running the system with case open and see if that is making any effect. If you don’t think it is due to overheating then just try using some other working psu. There are possibilities it might not be able to provide the required power. Just check out these things and let me know what you find out for further help.

I don’t think there is any overheating issue, I have inspected the environment inside the case and have used the SpeedFan application as well. The temperature is appearing to be normal. I have tried running the fan high and have also tried using other working psu but they are not helping. I have tried using the same card in other working system and it is working out fine there without any such issues. Can there be any incompatibility issue?? As far as I am aware the card should work fine with Msi 870a-g46. What do you think might be causing the issue?? Any further help regarding the same will be highly appreciated.

Your issue seems to be weird now, I mean if it is working fine in other machine than it should work fine with Msi 870a-g46 as well. Anyways if you are having some other working graphic card then you can test out the same in your system and see if it is working or not. I also wanted to know that have you really made fresh installation of the driver?? I mean for making a fresh installation of driver you need to uninstall the driver first and run ccleaner or similar for clearing the registry and deleting the associated folders of driver as well. If you have not yet ran a ccleaner then use the same and see if it is helping you out or not.

Yes I am quite sure that I have made fresh installation of the video card driver but it is not making any difference. The video card driver does not crash just after starting the machine but it crashes after some time. I don’t know how come it is working in other machine I thought that there was something wrong with the card itself but it’s not. Currently I am not having some other video card to test it out with Msi 870a-g46 but I will surely try out that by tomorrow and will let you know what I get. It seems like there is something wrong with the board now but since it is quite new I am not very sure about the same.