Thread: usb 3 speed from front panel is slow asrock extreme4 gen 3

usb 3 speed from front panel is slow asrock extreme4 gen 3

I recently brought a new computer before few weeks ago because my old system is working too slowly and it is outdated. My new system is working fine with excellent performance. I have AsRock Extreme4 3rd generation motherboard with Intel core i5 2550k 3.4 GHz processor. This board has capability to execute Photoshop and other graphical software five times faster than other local motherboard. It has USB 3.0 ports on front back panel and I notice that speed of USB 3.0 on back side is good but cannot get proper speed at front side at the time of testing USB ports.

I tested USB many times with different tools but get same problem. Difference between transfer rate of both front and Back USB is too high. I don’t understand why this problem is occurred and how to solve it. Anyone got this same problem with USB 3.0 and have any solution for this then please help.

Re: usb 3 speed from front panel is slow asrock extreme4 gen 3

Even am using AsRock Extreme4 3rd generation mobo and i get pretty good performance. But as you said it has problem with front panel, that is actually correct. Even i was getting Transfer Rate of USB 3.0 almost similar to USB 2.0 from the front panel USB ports.

Well there is solution for the same and it is updated drivers. Simply update USB driver with latest version. I did the same and am now getting good transfer speed from the front panel as well. Now, I am enjoying the speed of USB 3.0 and really happy with that. I hope that solution is also works for you to solve your problem.

Re: usb 3 speed from front panel is slow asrock extreme4 gen 3

I think you should check the Front panel connector. Make sure front panel connector is connected at right place properly. If it is connected properly check your board with another front panel and test transfer speed and if it is working fine then you have problem with front panel port. Simply replace it and if same problem occurred with another front panel than you have problem with Motherboard. So, talk to Asrock service support about this problem and they will definitely solve your problem.