Thread: Want help to Update bios of ASUS P4SGX-MX

Want help to Update bios of ASUS P4SGX-MX

Tired of looking for bios update for this board. There is a old system who motherboard is ASUS P4SGX-MX. It works fine, but it is not detecting a new hard drive. I luckily found a Sdram also. But after adding it, the system reboots. I think this can be fixed by bios update. There is no version above 2x. Any latest version will sort the issue. Does anyone has then please provide me. I am even ready to pay for it.

Re: Want help to Update bios of ASUS P4SGX-MX

The last version which I found for this board is 2.21 dated 2002.12.23. Now still after a decade you are hoping for new bios version. Instead of that I will advice you to get a low range board. Will it be worth paying for such a old board. Adding a small amount you can get a nice low range motherboard which can support your existing specification. Anyhow SD ram stuff are outdated. Get a new board which supports downgrade compatibility.

Re: Want help to Update bios of ASUS P4SGX-MX

There is no new update available for that motherboard. But if you can search properly on Google you can be lucky enough to find a patch bios version of this board. Asus does not provide any new update currently. I had seen certain forums where users shared the patched bios version. But as it was mentioned there is no guarantee that this will work. If you failed to update that properly or if anything happens the board will be dead permanently. Re-flashing might cost you some amount. I had already given up on this board and not really intended to go for any kind of new update.