Thread: Is there any custom bios available for ASUS K50C

Is there any custom bios available for ASUS K50C

Can anyone help me to find Custom bios or what you say a mod of ASUS K50C notebook. I need this, because I cannot get a good wide screen resolution on the existing one. When I set it on 1366 x 768 the message on the screen appears saying that resolution out of range and nothing is displayed. I had found that it is possible to get better resolution if I can overwrite the bios and unlock it.

Re: Is there any custom bios available for ASUS K50C

What told you that you cannot set the resolution on ASUS K50C and for fixing that you will need to overwrite the bios. After checking the specification I found that the notbeook is capable of giving that resolution. You just need to provide the right video drivers. Check on official website if you can locate the most recent version of video drivers. Update them and set the resolution. If still you are getting out of range error then it means the screen does not support that resolution. You can test a secondary monitor on the notebook. Overwriting the current bios can be risky, because if that is not done properly your system can be dead. Or there can be some other error generated via unofficial bios version. I would recommend you to leave the same as it it and use the maximum resolution only which the notebook supports.

Click on the below link. In that choose Download tab and select the operating that you are using from drop down list. Under bios you can see 2010.07.16 update. Download this and flash it. If this also does not works then leave it. Do not overwrite custom bios. That can be risky.
    http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/Versat...rformance/K50C

This is a very old laptop. The SiS 672+968 chipset which supports Intel Celeron Processor is discontinued today and I do not think you will find the right custom bios for that. Anyhow why are you risking the system. If it is dead then you have to spend a nice amount to repair it and that is not worth. The bios update option is nice as it is provided by Asus itself. Other than this to deal with such issue it is always recommended to have a gpu. Right-now it is not possible to have that on your existing system. Avoid that, use it till the time it works and then simply get a new system. Because today's notebook comes with Intel Core i Series process which supports much higher resolution. That would be sensible.

This is a very old laptop. The SiS 672+968 chipset which supports Intel Celeron Processor is discontinued today and I do not think you will find the right custom bios for that. Anyhow why are you risking the system. If it is dead then you have to spend a nice amount to repair it and that is not worth. The bios update option is nice as it is provided by Asus itself. Other than this to deal with such issue it is always recommended to have a gpu. Right-now it is not possible to have that on your existing system. Avoid that, use it till the time it works and then simply get a new system. Because today's notebook comes with Intel Core i Series process which supports much higher resolution. That would be sensible.