Thread: How to fix Dr. Debug Error 55 on ASRock Z68 Extreme 7

How to fix Dr. Debug Error 55 on ASRock Z68 Extreme 7

I am using computer with ASRock Z68 Extreme7 from last two months and that was running without any glitch. Today when I tried to start the system then that failed to boot. It was just a black screen with the error message “Dr. Debug Error 55 - Memory not installed”. I have not played with any of the hardware of the system and neither installed any new hardware into this. There is also no install/uninstall of any of the programs recently. It happened automatically and do not allow my system to boot. According to the error message, it looks like there is some problem with the memory but I can’t guess what could be the exact reason for this. I am having 6 GB of RAM which is in the in 3 x 2 GB and I am using it in the same way from when I assembled my PC. Please reply, if someone of you is having any helpful suggestion on this.

Re: How to fix Dr. Debug Error 55 on ASRock Z68 Extreme 7

Are you getting some beep noise from your motherboard? As the error message clearly indicates that problem is with the memory. As you are having three modules of memory, so there is possibility that any of the RAM is faulty. In order to check that you can try to boot the system by connecting one RAM module at a time. This will make clear that which stick of the RAM is having problem. Just remove that faulty RAM from the system and boot your computer with other two RAM sticks. This will work this time. If you want to have 6 GB of RAM only then you can get a new 2 GB RAM with the same properties as the other connected RAM in your computer.

Yes, faulty memory stick is the main reason for this problem but if that is not the case for you then outdated BIOS can also lead to such issue. So you must check the manufacturer website for your motherboard and see what is the version of the latest BIOS available there. If newer update is available there than the version that you are using then update your computer with the latest version.

There could be more than one reason for this problem. Have you tried to boot into the safe mode? If not then restart your system and while it is restarting keep on pressing the F8 key. This will give you three options to boot as “safe mode”, “networking”, and “normal windows mode”. Select the first one as “Safe mode” and it will boot your system in safe mode. If your system gets booted in safe mode then it indicates that there is no problem with any of the RAM modules that you are using. Now, you can try to do system restore on some earlier date when that was working well. According to your system, it will take some time to complete the process. Don’t do anything while it is restoring the system. I hope it will help.