Thread: High Temperatures recorded by Prime95 for Intel i5-2500K

High Temperatures recorded by Prime95 for Intel i5-2500K

I have recently purchased a new computer which is having the Intel Core i5-2500K. When this system is idle then the temperature is about 30 degrees and while playing games temperature goes upto 55 to 60 degree. This is what I can see from the BIOS but when I ran the Prime95 then that reported me that the temperature of the system is 85 degrees. I don’t know that why there is a huge difference in the readings.

Is this dangerous for my system? If yes then please suggest me something that I should do to avoid this. Thank you in advance.

Re: High Temperatures recorded by Prime95 for Intel i5-2500K

The temperature recorded by the BIOS is the correct one. Don’t go with the reading of the Prime95. If the program is buggy then you may get some weird reading. Your system is totally safe and you don’t need to do anything to make that protected. However, if you wish to have some other good software to monitor the system temperature then you can also consider having the Real Temp. This will provide you the accurate result. Real Temp is a small tool with which you can very accurately read the temperature of your processor. In addition to the heat, you will also see how many degrees Celsius are still missing up to the upper temperature limit.

The native CPU Loader lets the processor idle at its own judgment. And that is the reason that with 10% increments, the utilization can be increased up to 100%. This especially makes sense if you want to test how hot your PC can be. Conclusion: "Real Temp" is an excellent program that has proven especially for the overclockers. This is an essential service for the overclockers.

Re: High Temperatures recorded by Prime95 for Intel i5-2500K

Getting the temperature as 80 degrees is normal if you are playing games for hours. If you are not getting any problem while playing the game then there is no need to worry but if you really want to take some precautions then nit will be better for you to use some good cooling system in your case.

There are many choices for you if you want to install a cooling system. For the air cooling system, you can go for Coolermaster Hyper 212 evo. For the liquid cooling, you can consider to have Corsair H100. So go for the one you like.