Thread: How to fix bios checksum error on Gigabyte GA-H61M-USB3-B3

How to fix bios checksum error on Gigabyte GA-H61M-USB3-B3

I am having the GA-H61M-USB3-B3 (rev. 2.0). Today, when I tried to start the system then it was getting restarted many of the times and in-between that shows me some message but I could not read those messages because that was too quick for me to read. Anyways, after rebooting a few of the times, it shows me.
    Warning: MAIN BIOS CHECKSUM ERROR!
    Retrieving recovery source from HPA.... HPA BIOS not available!
    Retrieving recovery source from Backup BIOS.... Done:
    Writing BIOS Image..... 4080K OK

This message remains on the screen for about 30 seconds and after that it get stuck into the restart loop. I finally pressed the restart button on CPU but the same procedure happens again. Now I can’t guess anything to get this problem resolved. If you have some suggestion for me then please let me know that.

Re: How to fix bios checksum error on Gigabyte GA-H61M-USB3-B3

When did you last replace the battery in the motherboard? If you have not replaced the battery from last many months then I think it’s time now to do that. This can solve the problem for you. Get the new battery of the same power. You will get that battery from any electronic shop and replace that with the new one. Please reply if that is not the problem in your case.

Yes, it is true that 90% of the times, reason for this issue is the motherboard battery and this is the first thing that you need to try. Other than this, If there is some problem with the RAM stick that you are using or there is improper connection of the RAM stick with the RAM slot then you may get that error. Are you having more than one memory module in your computer? If that is the case then it will be better for you if you can check with each of the memory modules at one time. It will confirm that if any of the memory module is having any some problem. Good luck!!!

You can try by performing extended CMOS clear. To do that, you will have to take out the power cable as of the main power supply. After detaching the power supply, press power switch that is there on the case. Press and hold that for a few seconds. This is very important to do because it will drain residual energy which can be there within the PSU capacitors. After this, you have to take out the motherboard battery and keep the system as it is for a few hours. Now connect that back and make the power supply connection and try to boot the system. You will have to get into the BIOS now. For that, you will have to keep on pressing Del button while system is booting. From the settings just load the optimized BIOS defaults. Once you are done with that then you will have to press the F10 key and that will save the changes you made into the BIOS. Now restart your computer again and try to boot it in the normal windows mode. It should work this time.

It will be good idea if you can load the backup BIOS above main BIOS. I am saying this because there is possibility that the BIOS is corrupted. Once the computer gets started with the backup BIOS then you can update to the latest BIOS. You will get the instruction to do that in manual of the motherboard that you are using.