Thread: 890FXA GD70 Will not Boot Up

890FXA GD70 Will not Boot Up

Hi, I need help on getting my first build gaming system. I have multiple problems, I guess I'm not good at this. I read many forums and follow many recommendations and haven't find an answer to fix any one of these. Any assistance would greatly appreciated.

Problems: No beeps after powering up. No Boot (no video output - Black screen), HDD light blinking red, FF error code flashing, and DVD Drive bay door self closed after opened. This is a new Build System (but used working MB and CPU).

Specs:

- MB: MSI 890FXA-GD70
    - CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T - 3.3 GHz Six Core
    - CPU Cooler: Corsair H70 Sealed System Liquid Cool
    - RAM: 2 x 4GB DDR3 PC3-17000 2133MHz DIMM
    - Graphic Card: XFX AMD ATI Radeon HD6970 HD 6970 2GB GDDR5
    - PSU: ATX 750W Gaming PSU
    - HDD: WD 3TB SATA USB 3.0
    - ASUS DRW-24B1ST Internal SATA 24x CD DVD +/-RW DL

System checked: MB CPU Core indicator and Phase lights green and all fans comes on when power up, Video Card fan on and operational and CPU Cooler fan running.

1. I inspected the MB, ensured it's not grounded to the chasis, inspect all pins and connectors. Looks normal.
    2. I checked CPU pins and alignment, OEM paste was used, and secured with Corsair H70 cooler. All secured properly.
    3. I checked RAM in different slots and with one and both RAM, I also tried in other computers. Functional.
    4. I checked the monitor, tried on other computer. Its functional.
    5. I check the PSU voltage with digital meter, all output voltage are correct per Pinout diagram.
    6. I switched the video card to different PCI-E1 through PCI-E4 slots, and no changes. 8 and 6 pins connectors recieved proper voltage and fan is operational.
    7. I uses SATA7 3.0 plug for my WD HDD (not sure if I should use this port), don't know if its working or not. Its a new HDD (Fomated? I don't know).
    8. I reset the MB using the reset touch button on the board and no effect.

I DID NOT do the following:
    1. Clear CMOS (Clear CMOS button located all together with all the plugs in the back panel). I didn't mess with this.
    2. Remove the MB battery.
    3. Flash BIOS (don't really want to do this...don't know how to flash the BIOS).

Should I do the "Did not do"? Please help.

Re: 890FXA GD70 Will not Boot Up

Well, I think that you should clear CMOS and also pull the battery for 5 minutes and then reseat it again, if that sorts out the problem then it is good, but if it doesnt then try to recover bios or even try to flash the bios with either the latest one or with a stable bios, check this thread which has some suggestions for same - MSI 890FXA-GD70 BIOS Recovery Requested