Thread: USB devices running at 1.1 on USB 2.0 Controller of Asus P5Q-E

USB devices running at 1.1 on USB 2.0 Controller of Asus P5Q-E

This is really frustrating, I do have a Asus P5Q-E board with me that I purchased recently and I am running USB 2.0 controller on this board. Over all everything newly bought as far as I know but then why I am facing so many problems at once. Actually the thing is that my Logitech webcam shows me that it is just running on a 1.1 USB controller (how come it is possible when I am having a 2.0 USB controller). Anyways the issue not just ends here. Even it always keeps on disconnecting on a regular basis like every 5 to 10 minutes. When I opened up the Device Manager I found that there were total 8 USB ports present but strangely only 2 of them where running on Enhanced controllers whereas the other 6 were running Universal controller. The problem becomes more irritating when I am very much focused on playing game on my machine, just because of frequent disconnection. I am completely distracted and also I get huge lags in-between the games. Initially there was nothing on which I can doubt but after doing lots of search on Google I found that I am not the only one with the problem, indeed there are few other people who describe their issue exactly same the way I have posted here. And most interestingly the common factor that I have noticed is the P5Q-E board.

Everyone facing this problem. Unfortunately nowhere I found a proper solution of this trouble and expecting a lot I came here. I am already with the updated drivers and I am sure they are best one installed into my machine (searched for the better one but didn’t find any). With the other USB setting I am sure that even ACPI 2.0 is enabled and also they are setup to Hi-speed. Also nothing’s wrong with the BIOS settings too. I am clueless and do not have any idea what should be done further in order to get things sorted out. Please help me out and provide me with a proper solution.

Re: USB devices running at 1.1 on USB 2.0 Controller of Asus P5Q-E

There are lots of things that you seriously need to know first, only then I think most of your doubts will be cleared and you will also understand that max of your issues are actually not issues. First of all do not blame your board, as far as I know this Asus P5Q-E board has nothing to do with problems that you are facing. About the Logitech webcam I can only say that this webcam has certain problem with the windows 7 system. If you are having windows 7 installed into your machine then believe that this is what causing trouble with the compatibility between your webcam and your system. Better you try out some other web cam or if possible switch to some other windows OS.

I would also like to update you with some unknown information. I guess you are not aware that any motherboard including P45 shows only two Enhanced ports. So remember that all 8 port doesn’t comes up as Enhanced port, ignore this thing if possible and focus on other thing to target a proper defect into your system. Is better that you update your Intel chipset driver as soon as possible and let me know the difference in your machine. Hope this might help the best possible way.

I am not good with understanding boards but if all the board does come up with only two Enhanced ports then I must say that Asus probably cheats their customers. I found on their P5Q board advertisement, manual and other documentation about 12 USB 2.0 ports. Everyone knows that without the enhanced feature you can never get USB 2.0 ports. Just to make certain things right and to implement the statement on their board they simply printed and mentioned about such things. However I think Logitech webcams does works great with windows 7 system as they are doing well into my windows 7 machine. Why don’t you try to unplug and then plug it again on your front USB port. Who knows this might play a trick. If still the issue stays just try to clean your CMOS, remove your battery and then connect the jumper to 2 and 3 for a while and then check. Other than these provided solution as already suggested update your Intel chipset driver with the latest update, this is very much important.

Suffering from the same issue with not even a single change. Even my devices warn me number of times that they are running and operation on USB1.1. Initially everything went fine when I connected this board but then after a week don’t know how and for what reason suddenly I found that my Device Manager used to show me just two ports as 2.2 and the rest it use to show as 1.1. I didn’t do anything with them then how come they changed suddenly. The worst situation is that I am forcefully made to again and again save the BIOS settings if I turn on the system, if I fail to do so then no doubt my USB ports are not going to recognized anyways. The motherboard is brand new and when I contacted the customer support they deny the issue, they say that the motherboard is absolutely fine and there must be something wrong with either the USB driver or the updates. Now how should I make them understand that my drivers are absolutely fine and also they are updated with the latest ones.