Thread: Audio Device on Asus P5Q PRO

Audio Device on Asus P5Q PRO

My system is having Asus P5Q PRO and I have been using the same from 6 months and I hardly had any issues with it but today when I started the machine then sound was not working. When I tried inspecting the same by going in to sounds and audio devices then I found nothing in that. I don’t have much idea about the same so is there anyone who can help me out here?? Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Re: Audio Device on Asus P5Q PRO

Yes you will have to reinstall the sound driver in your case and there are few methods that you can try out here.
    • Installing the driver from cd:
      If you are having the drivers cd that you might have got with the Asus P5Q PRO then you can uninstall the realtek driver and proceed further. For that go to start > Control panel > administrative tool > computer management > device manager, when you will click on device manager then you will get a list of all the drivers that might be installed on your system. So just check out for the sound driver and check if it is having a yellow exclamation mark. If yes then right click on the same and click on uninstall and remove the same from the list. Now insert the driver cd and reboot the system,Now on restart. You can see now Found New Hardware Wizard. It will be able to detect the driver automatically. If this happens then it is fine or else you will need to manually provide the location of driver disc.

• Installing the driver from Microsoft update:
      You need to have an internet connection for trying out this, so make sure you have it and then Go to start > Control panel > administrative tool > computer management > device manager. When you are able to see the sound driver in the list with the yellow exclamation mark then you can right click on the same and choose “install driver automatically from the web” option. Now you will get a list of drivers and you can install anyone from the list, make sure that you are selecting the latest one for avoiding similar issues.

Just try any of the above solution and let me know which one is helping you out.

Hey thanks for the same, I was having the cd and I have tried following the steps that you have mentioned above and I was able to install the driver as well but I have found that when I am rebooting the machine then it is again detecting the new hardware and asking me to install the Microsoft UUA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio again.When I am installing it and rebooting the system then it is responding in the same way. I have tried installing the driver from Microsoft update as well but I am getting the same response from it, I don’t know what is the issue all about, why is it detecting the new hardware on every reboot. Have you come across such situation before? Is there anything else that I can try out for fixing the issue??

In that case you will have to fix this issue by requesting hotfix and for that you will have to follow the below steps:
    • Open the below link and click where it says View and request hotfix downloads.
    • Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) High Definition Audio class driver version 1.0a available for Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, and Windows 2000
    • After requesting the hotfix you will get an email with a download link for downloading the hotfix. Here I will like to inform you that the hotfix is self extracting cabinet so you don’t have to extract the file and have to simply double click the file to unzip the contents. One of the important thing that is to be done is enter the password that you will be gett in email sent from Microsoft, so make sure that you are not missing the same or deleting the mail just after getting the attachment.
    • When the contents of the hotfix gets extracted then there will be some folders with different languages, so make sure that you are choosing the one of your will probably US one. After Opening the folder you will get x86fre inside it and inside x86fre there will be four self extracting cabinets, from which one will be named as kb888111sp1 where as the other will be named as kb888111sp2. Here you will have to choose accordingly, I mean if you are using windows xp service pack 1 then choose the SP1 cabinet where as if you are running windows xp service pack 2 then chose SP2 cabinet and so on.
    • You will have to unzip the cabinet and extract the files from the cabinet rather than just double clicking on the file like you did before for the hotfix. So after extracting the contents of kb888111sp1 or kb888111sp2 you will get a “commonfiles” named folder and this will be having the missing file Microsoft UUA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio, you just have to Reboot the system and when it will detect new hardware and request for system file HDAUDBUS then just point to the common files folder and the file will get installed automatically and issue will be solved, make sure that you are rebooting the system once the installation process gets over.

Just check it out and let me know the response that you are getting for this solution, if you have any further query then feel free to ask, I will surely try to help you with it.

I appreciated your help. Now I am having the kb888111sp2 along with the commonfiles folder which in my case are located in C:\FIX\commonfiles but when I am trying to install the file C:\FIX\commonfiles\regsvr32 hdaprop.dll then I am getting an error message saying the below thing:
    “ hdaprop.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found. This file cannot be registered”. What does that mean?? I don’t think that I have missed out anything and I am sure that i have performed the above solution step by step as it is. I have tried installing all the files that are there in HDAUDBUS but I am getting the same error for them. What will I have to do now for fixing this?? Any further suggestions ??

Its not clear from you explanation whether you have performed the installation manually or you have to follow the solution that I had suggested, you should not try to install the files manually but you just have to point the commonfiles folder. Second thing you must do in admin account. The error is either related to incomplete file permission or broken download.