Thread: How to recover bios of MSI K9VGM-V MS-7253 Motherboard

How to recover bios of MSI K9VGM-V MS-7253 Motherboard

My system is having a MSI K9VGM-V MS-7253 Motherboard and everything was working fine by now but I don’t know what went wrong with it suddenly since i turned off my system yesterday. When i restarted it today morning and to update the BIOS, it suddenly game me Black Screen. I even tried to enter the BIOS and change some settings to fix it but dont know why my keyboard has also stopped working.

Is there any other way i can enter the BIOS ? Dont suggest about floppy drive because i dont have the same. I am running of ideas for recovering the bios, is there anything I can try out here?? Any help regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: How to recover bios of MSI K9VGM-V MS-7253 Motherboard

In that case you should first try out clearing the cmos. There are basically three ways of clearing the cmos and they are as followed:
    1. Clearing CMOS with the "Factory Defaults" BIOS Option Menu
    2. Clearing CMOS Using the Motherboard Jumper
    3. Clearing CMOS by Reseating the CMOS Battery

Since you have mentioned that you are not able to enter the BIOS setup utility you won’t be able to try out the first method but you can try out the other two.

Clearing CMOS Using the Motherboard Jumper
    Just open the computer and then check out for the jumper on the board which will be located near the BIOS chip or the CMOS battery, here you just have to short the "CLEAR CMOS" jumper.

Clearing CMOS by Reseating the CMOS Battery
    You can try reseating the CMOS battery for clearing the CMOS by removing it waiting for some minutes and then installing it again, just make sure that when you are performing this then you are removing the source of power. This is the best method if you are not able to enter the BIOS setup utility or not able to locate the Motherboard Jumper.
    Just try it out and see if the issue is getting solved or not. If you have any further query then feel free to ask.

Re: How to recover bios of MSI K9VGM-V MS-7253 Motherboard

If you want then you can try flashing the bios using flash drive, you just have to download the bios files from the manufacturer site unpack them and copy the file to an usb flash stick. Just make sure that there is nothing else on the usb stick if possible then better format the usb before copying the file to usb flash stick. Now plug the thumb drive into a USB port of the system and then turn off the system and remove the AC power adapter.

When you are done with the same then open the chassis and just remove the BIOS Configuration Jumper. After that Power the computer on and wait for some times for the update to get completed. When the recovery process gets completed then the computer will either turn off or will ask you to turn it off in a prompt, so now remove the thumb drive and Replace the BIOS Configuration Jumper and Restart the computer. If you want then you can try out the same by copying the recovery file (*.BIO) to a CD and following the same method. Hope that helps.