Thread: MSI 760GM-P23 does not detect nvidia gtx 460

MSI 760GM-P23 does not detect nvidia gtx 460

Hi friends I am facing problem while using nvidia gtx 460 graphic card with my computer. in my computer I have MSI 760GM-P23 motherboard, AMD processor, 2 X 2 GB RAM, 500GB hard disk and windows 7 operating system. with my old graphic card I was not facing any problem but when I put my nvidia gtx 460 graphic card at that time system does not detect the graphic card.

I have tried to find solution on internet and I have come to know that I need to change the graphic setting from the BIOS and then I have changed the setting from the BIOS menu and then when I start my computer at that time also It does not detect my graphic card. I have connected my computer with another computer and it worked fine with my another computer which means nvidia gtx 460 graphic card is working correctly. What should I do to solve this problem?

Re: MSI 760GM-P23 does not detect nvidia gtx 460

According to me you need to update the BIOS of the MSI 760GM-P23 motherboard because most of times before connecting the new hardware components we need update the BIOS so it can detect the new components.

In order to update the BIOS, visit MSI official site and look for the MSI 760GM-P23 motherboard and then select download option. Now select BIOS option and then download the latest VIOS file for MSI 760GM-P23 motherboard and then perform BIOS update in your computer. After updating the BIOS in your system you have to check whether same problem occurs or not? In your computer specification you have not mentioned anything about your PSU, let me know which PSU you are you using in your system.

According to me you should use power Supply with 500W because the PSU you are using is not able to provide enough power which is causing this problem. The best i can suggest you is corsair cx500, it is very nice PSU and good option for upgrading the system. According to me after changing the power supplier unit in your system your problem will get solved.

Quote Originally Posted by lavinaD View Post
    According to me you should use power Supply with 500W because the PSU you are using is not able to provide enough power which is causing this problem. The best i can suggest you is corsair cx500, it is very nice PSU and good option for upgrading the system. According to me after changing the power supplier unit in your system your problem will get solved.

I tried different PSU with my system to check whether problem is related with PSU or not and when I start my system with another PSU I didn’t got any problem with my nvidia gtx 460 graphic card. Hence i changed my Power Supply and that problem is solved.

Now only problem which I am facing is whenever I play any game in my computer I get stuttering graphics. I have uninstalled Nvidia drivers from my system and then I have installed drivers again but problem does not get solved. I have also downloaded latest drivers from internet and then installed in my computer but result was same. Please help me out with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell-Y View Post
    Now only problem which I am facing is whenever I play any game in my computer I get stuttering graphics. I have uninstalled Nvidia drivers from my system and then I have installed drivers again but problem does not get solved. I have also downloaded latest drivers from internet and then installed in my computer but result was same. Please help me out with this.
    To solve this problem you have to select “high performance Nvidia processor” for the game which you are playing from the Nvidia control panel and then your problem will get solved. In my system same problem was occurred and then I have changed the settings from the Nvidia control panel and then when I tried to play game at that time I didn’t face any issue. Now all the things are working properly.