Thread: Asus Sabertooth X79 wont post with Corsair vengeance CMZ32GX3M4X1600C10 ram

Asus Sabertooth X79 wont post with Corsair vengeance CMZ32GX3M4X1600C10 ram

Before i mention my problem, just have a look at my system specifications:
    • Asus sabertooth x79
    • Intel i7-3820 cpu
    • Corsair vengeance 32GB Quad Channel DDR3 Memory Kit (CMZ32GX3M4X1600C10)
    • Windows 7

Well the problem is that recently i bought a new Asus Sabertooth X79 mobo after my previous motherboard was dead. But my new mobo is not able to post. I am not able to make out whether this is an issue with the Corsair vengeance CMZ32GX3M4X1600C10 ram or the board itself. Is there anything that I can try out here ? As far as I am aware the Corsair vengeance CMZ32GX3M4X1600C10 should be compatible with the Asus Sabertooth X79 and there should not be any issue like that.

According to the specification of the “Corsair vengeance CMZ32GX3M4X1600C10” it can work with motherboards that are designed with quad DDR3 memory channels where as the specification of Asus Sabertooth X79 says the below things for the memory:
    • 8 x DIMM, Max. 64GB, DDR3 1866/1600/1333/1066 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory
    • Quad Channel Memory Architecture
    • Supports Intel Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)

I have checked out for the same and have found quite a few people to get it working in the same combination without any issues, so why not me?? Any suggestions?

Re: Asus Sabertooth X79 wont post with Corsair vengeance CMZ32GX3M4X1600C10 ram

Before I suggest you something about the same, I need to get more information from you regarding this issue to get a better idea of your case and try to help you with it as well. Ao what happens when you are powering on the motherboard? Have you tried booting the system using one ram only ? I mean that you can try to boot the system with one ram and if the system is booting up properly then you can try adding the other ram.

I think that there might be something wrong with one of the ram in your case, so you will have to test out the system in the way I have mentioned to find out the faulty ram, I am not very sure if it is the ram but then these are the basic things to check out. So just try booting the system with one ram and then let me know the response that you are getting for further help.

Quote Originally Posted by AjunD^Rock View Post
    Before I suggest you something about the same, I need to get more information from you regarding this issue to get a better idea of your case and try to help you with it as well. Ao what happens when you are powering on the motherboard? Have you tried booting the system using one ram only ? I mean that you can try to boot the system with one ram and if the system is booting up properly then you can try adding the other ram.

I think that there might be something wrong with one of the ram in your case, so you will have to test out the system in the way I have mentioned to find out the faulty ram, I am not very sure if it is the ram but then these are the basic things to check out. So just try booting the system with one ram and then let me know the response that you are getting for further help.
    When I am powering on the board then the "DRAM_LED" stays lighted where as the system does not post, after your suggestion I have tried following the method of testing the ram but still the system is not posting even when I am using single ram. I have tested out each ram alone and I am still getting the same response. I really don’t think that there can be anything wrong with all of the four ram, what do you think about the same?? These ram were working fine with the previous motherboard I was using and I had never faced any issues as such but then I don’t know what’s wrong with the new motherboard, since I have mentioned their specification that I have found in detail. I don’t think that there should be any incompatibility issue. I doubt that there is something wrong with the board but then how can I find out the same?? I am really running out of ideas here, is there anything that I can try further??? Any help regarding the same will be highly appreciated.

See the if the "DRAM_LED" is staying lighted continually then I think that there is an incompatibility issue because of which the system is not booting, have you tried out pushing the MemOK button so as to tune the board for automatic memory compatibility, if not then try out the same and see if it is making any difference, if you want to test out the board then you can either try using some other ram and check out if the board is posting up fine or not , if it does then there is something wrong with the board and if it does not then there is something wrong with the rams that you are having, there are possibilities that they might have turned faulty, so just try out these things and then let me know what response you are getting.

I have tried pushing the MemOK button but then I don’t think that it is making much difference, it is just making the system reboot sometimes but then not posting, anyways I have tested out the board with other rams which I had taken out form a working machine and it is posting up fine, so this mean that there is something wrong with the ram’s right??

I just wanted to know that what might have turned all of them faulty at once?? I still doubt that there is something wrong with the rams but then I will contact the asus for cross checking the compatibility thing and if they say that there should not be any issue like this then I will send the rams for rma. Hope that will fix the issue, thanks for your help so far but as I have said I want to know the possible cause of ram turning faulty in my case?? Any suggestion?