Thread: No Bios screen appears after changing MSI G41M-SP20 motherboard

No Bios screen appears after changing MSI G41M-SP20 motherboard

I want to upgrade my computer because performance is too slow. So, I brought some peripherals from store and try to assemble computer by myself. I install each and everything perfectly but my motherboard cannot display the bios screen. CPU Fan and system fan both are working. I also check the power light and its glow. I don’t understand what was the problem is occurred and what was the reason behind that.

Anyone tell me please what is the problem with me and how to solve it? I really need some urgent help, I want my system working.

• MSI G41M-SP20 motherboard
    • Intel quad core CPU
    • 2x4 GB RAM 1066MHz

Re: No Bios screen appears after changing MSI G41M-SP20 motherboard

I am computer engineer and assembling the computers for my clients. Once even I got this problem when assembling computer for my client. Computer cannot display anything on screen. Even no bios screen display and no sound comes from motherboard speaker. I fix this problem by myself by after troubleshooting my system. I give you some troubleshooting tips related to your problem. First remove all components and reassemble it and check for problem. If same problem occurred then check your system with single RAM stick. Also clean your RAM slot for dust and make sure your slot is working proper. I hope that solve your problem. I hope any one of them solve your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Geniee View Post
    I am computer engineer and assembling the computers for my clients. Once even I got this problem when assembling computer for my client. Computer cannot display anything on screen. Even no bios screen display and no sound comes from motherboard speaker. I fix this problem by myself by after troubleshooting my system. I give you some troubleshooting tips related to your problem. First remove all components and reassemble it and check for problem. If same problem occurred then check your system with single RAM stick. Also clean your RAM slot for dust and make sure your slot is working proper. I hope that solve your problem. I hope any one of them solve your problem.
    Thank for your reply Geniee, I removed all components and reinstalled all components but same problem yet. I removed both ram and check system with single RAM stick but cannot solve the problem. I check my both RAM with my friend computer and clean the RAM slot properly and insert the RAM but problem is not solved. I think problem is not related to RAM.

Check your PSU(power supply unit) and make sure it is working proper. Checks for sufficient wattage on PSU because sometimes PSU cannot take load of computer and some component are not working because of that. Give me your proper detail of System configuration with model no, brand name, frequency of ram, which PSU with Wattage and amp, etc. So, I check for comp-ability issues and give you the proper solution.

I dont think that you have any compatibility issues. Your PSU has proper wattage to run system. Your RAM and PSU are working properly so problem might be related to CPU and motherboard. I think you should check your CPU with another motherboard and make sure it is working properly. Check for all fans are working and also check for bent pins on CPU socket.

Sometimes CPU wont recognize because of bent Pins and computer does not show any output. If CPU is also working properly then clear the CMOS and you can try BIOS update also. Check your all connector is proper working and mainly check 4 pin mini power which is connected to near to CPU because it is supply power to Display output. If CPU is also working fine and all is connected properly then finally motherboard is having problem. Replace it.

I checked all power connector, and also checked the output voltage of both power connector by volt meter. I dint find any problem in power supply. So, I check CPU with another motherboard and it is working fine. The problem is finally detected when I am checking for bent pins with help of magnifier glass. I got that some pins are broken from CPU socket that why motherboard cannot detect the CPU.