Thread: Cannot recover Gigabyte GA-8i915PM Boot Block

Cannot recover Gigabyte GA-8i915PM Boot Block

I am using a Gigabyte GA-8i915PM Rev 2.0 which is installed on my very old HP system. The current BIOS Get corrupted and the system not longer booting at all. I could not able to get the BIOS From Gigabyte. However the Gigabyte mode some same modeled OEM boards for different computers. When I searched for those I got one BIOS which is meant for it. So I decided to flash it with bootblock recovery. The flash seems successful but the system still does not boot at all. How can I solve it?

Re: Cannot recover Gigabyte GA-8i915PM Boot Block

I know about this problem on different computers which are failed to update the BIOS. Did you try creating a bootable disk with BIOS File and run it up? I have heard that boot block can able to recognize the disk and re-import the BIOS again. If you still not able to find the solution, you will probably need to replace the BIOS module if this would not be soldered. You don’t need to replace the entire motherboard. By sending the piece back to the manufacture can replace you with a new BIOS chip.

If you are really using the Gigabyte motherboard, you should check with Xpress Bios Rescue which is capable to Auto recovers damaged BIOS to its original state! I don’t know whether this tool work on all motherboard or not but at least you can give it a try. Usually the BIOS image file is stored in your HDD hidden area when the system boots up and it happens automatically. None of the software and virus could be able to destruct Bios image.

Your motherboard seems to be very old and I could not able to find its product page on the Gigabyte site. When I try to search it on Google I got only third party sites which are indicating about this motherboard. However the closest one which I able to find was Gigabyte GA-8I915P Duo (rev. 2.1) motherboard. You can try the BIOS which is made for that motherboard. Otherwise you have to replace the BIOS Chip. But I have doubt that whether you could get a new BIOS chip or not because it is a old motherboard and you have to get a same board in order to change it. Even the Gigabyte won’t be able to help you regarding this. Otherwise you could try by flashing the motherboard BIOS with same version and same file which you have used to flash before. I know that it is hard to get that but still somewhere you could have saved it.