Thread: Need help to finding original bios of MSI GF615M-P33 motherboard

Need help to finding original bios of MSI GF615M-P33 motherboard

Hello guys, I was trying to update the bios of my computer and I don’t know that whether I succeeded or not. I guess definitely not because I am facing a problem in the computer. The problem is that when I am starting the computer it gets starts and after a couple of minutes it is getting hanged. This problem started occurring only after the update of the bios. I think that the problem is with the bios. Now what should I do. Can anyone help out of this problem?

Re: Need help to finding original bios of MSI GF615M-P33 motherboard

Yes I think that you have not updated the bios properly. How did you update the bios can you tell me. I think you have used some wrong method to update the bios.

I have updated the bios using the USB drive method to update the bios. Is this wrong method or technique to update the bios. I found this method on the internet and it worked on my friend’s computer. I also get the fresh bios copy and in the end the update was found proper. It does not popped out any error. I need help to find the original bios, not the updated one and restore it on this board.

I had faced this thing on similar msi board. I had updated the bios in wrong manner. I needed to restore the bios settings to start the computer. You will also have to restore the bios settings by clearing the CMOS. This is the easiest way to restore the bios. First of all remove all the power cables from the computer. Now remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard. Keep the whole computer unplugged along with the battery removed for half an hour. Then connect the battery and the power cable to the computer and start the computer. Your computer will have the default bios which were there when you first started the computer. This is the method to restore the bios.

I think that you have not updated it properly using the USB flash drive method. To update the bios using the flash drive follow the steps. First download the latest version of the bios and copy the downloaded file to the USB flash drive.
    1. Keep the flash drive inserted and restart the computer.
    2. Enter the bios setup utility by pressing F8.
    3. Go to advance bios features and select the boot sequence
    4. Select the flash drive from the drives listed.
    5. In flash drive select the bios update file.
    6. Press Enter and it will prompt you to confirm the update select yes to update the bios.

It will complete the process and will restart the computer automatically and you will have the new bios in your computer.

I discussed this problem with one of my friend and he suggested me to restore the bios. I restored the bios and the computer was working fine with no problem in it. The thing was that I was having the old bios in my compute. To restore the bios settings follow the steps.
    1. Power off the computer.
    2. Change the BIOS jumper configuration by moving the jumper from 1&2 pin to 2&3 pin
    3. Power on the computer.
    4. The system will display the splash screen and will go into the BIOS configuration automatically.
    5. Change the IDG Primary Video Port to Auto.
    6. Change the Primary Video Adapter to Auto.
    7. Exit form BIOS. The system will prompt you to power down the system.
    8. Now return the jumper configuration as it was earlier.

The system will start normally with the BIOS screen showing when the system starts. This has restored the bios to the default which you were earlier using.