Thread: Cannot install Bios Update Utility on Asus P5Q-E motherboard.

Cannot install Bios Update Utility on Asus P5Q-E motherboard.

In my desktop I am have Asus P5Q-E motherboard installed. I have installed windows 7 in my computer and it was working fine till I tried to update the bios. When I am trying to update the bios it is not getting updated. I am using Afudos BIOS update tool V2.36 and I am unable to update the bios with the help of this software. I am getting an error that the version of this file is not compatible with the windows you are using. Is there any other bios update utility to update the bios of my motherboard.

Re: Cannot install Bios Update Utility on Asus P5Q-E motherboard.

Yes there are many bios update utility available for updating the bios of the motherboard. I suggest you to use the Bios Agent software to update the bios of the asus motherboard. I have used it and work fine for updating the bios of the motherboard. It supports all type of motherboard for updating the bios. This software is very easy to use. It will also help you in finding the other details of the computer. Bios agent is a lightweight application which is clean and designed to find the information of the computer. The software retrieve the information of the CPU, ROM and RAM you are using in your computer. It also retrieves the information that which type of bios does the computer runs and even the chipset of the computer. This software automatically searches on the internet that whether the update for the bios is available or not. In this software you have the option to check the updates for the bios for manually updating the bios of the computer. There are various other options available in this software you can use them to update the other things on the computer.

I have used the Asus update utility to update the bios of the Asus motherboard and here are the steps that how can you update the bios.
    First download the update of your bios by visiting the official website of the Asus. In the website enter your product code and series of the motherboard you are using and also enter the model number of the motherboard, then search for the update of the bios. The latest version of the bios will be on the top of the page. Download the update.
    1. Open the Asus update software.
    2. Choose update bios from a file.
    3. Select the file which you downloaded by going to the location where you downloaded it.
    4. After you select the update you will see the Flash button.
    5. Click on the flash button and let it do the update.
    6. As the update is complete restart the computer and your update is finished.

To update the bios of the Asus motherboard you will require a USB flash drive and the bios update file. Copy the bios update file in the flash drive and do not remove the flash drive from the computer. As you copy the update file in the flash drive follow the steps to update the bios.
    1. Keep the flash drive inserted and restart the computer.
    2. Press the Alt+F2 key to go to the bios setup utility.
    3. Select the flash drive from the drives listed.
    4. In flash drive select the bios update file.
    5. Select the Asus EZ flash 2 from the options and select yes.
    6. Now select the bios update file again from the navigation menu.
    7. Press Enter and it will prompt you to confirm the update select yes to update the bios.

The process will take some time to update the bios and as the process is complete it will automatically restart the computer with updated bios in it.