Thread: Want some help to flash Alienware M15x BIOS

Want some help to flash Alienware M15x BIOS

This is the fist time I am going to flash bios of Alienware system. I had some couple desktop and laptop. Those are working slow and some of them are not detecting new hardware. So the last conclusion I have is to flash the bios and get the most updated one. I am looking for proper way of doing that. Also how to find bios compatibility related to specific system.

Re: Want some help to flash Alienware M15x BIOS

Bios flashing is not tough job. You need to ensure that you are using the right version for doing that. Or else there can be serious system failure. Anyhow you will be trying to flash bios and updating the most recent bios version. That can be found on official website only. Do not play with the version or install any other version which is not recommended. I would not advice you to take chance for versions.

Re: Want some help to flash Alienware M15x BIOS

You had mentioned in-detail what you have. You must list that here. What type of systems you are having or what kind of bios version you have and all. Because that is what matters. If you can list the systems you are going to flash, we can here try to find the right bios version for that on the base of specification provided. The last thing you can do is check them manually. Do not directly go for bios update. First check what is the actual issue with the system. Why it is not detecting new hardware. It can be a hardware failure which can be repaired under warranty. Or else it can be basic driver issue. Another important thing to find out right version of bios. What will you do if there is no update available. You have to go with the current edition only.