Thread: New hard Disk is Not Detected in MSI MS- 7673 motherboard

New hard Disk is Not Detected in MSI MS- 7673 motherboard

I brought new computer system before few months. It is working awesome. Performance of graphic and CPU is also superb. I have only 500GB HDD for Storage and 160 GB HDD for OS. So, I brought 1TB of additional hard drive for storage because I don’t have sufficient memory to store my data. There is 2 2xSATA II connector and 4xSATA III connector. My both old hard drive is connected in SATA2 port and optical drive is connected in SATA3 port. I connect my new hard drive to motherboard but cannot show to my computer. It is connected in SATA3 port. Anyone know what Mistake I done? If anyone have any idea or solution for my problem then please post guys.

Thank you In advance.

Re: New hard Disk is Not Detected in MSI MS- 7673 motherboard

As I know detection of new hard drive is common problem. I am also using MSI MS- 7673 motherboard. Sometimes MSI motherboards are creating that kind of problem. Make sure your SATA cable is connected properly from both side motherboard and hard disk. If it is connected then check your cable is working properly. Try it with Another SATA cable and check maybe your problem is solved. And if not then let me know. Check it with different SATA ports because sometimes some ports are not working and defected.

Thanks for your reply; I cheeked the cable it is connected properly to motherboard and hard drive but still same problem. I was used different SATA cables but cannot solve the problem. Do you any other solution. I try to detect it in different ports but not success.

Did you formatted your hard drive and create partition because new hard drive is not formatted. So format your hard drive and create a partition as per your requirement. Check first your hard drive is detected in BIOS because if your hard drive is not formatted, still it will show in BIOS.

my hard drive is not formatted and I checked in BIOS for hard drive detection but it is not detected to their also. I remove and reconnect the hard drive and restart the machine many times but still cannot solve the problem.

If your hard drive is not detected in your BIOS then it has not connected properly. I think you need troubleshoot your hard disk and diagnose it. To diagnose your hard drive you need to run different diagnostic tool as per your hard drive brand which is available on official website. And check your hard drive is properly working or not. I hope that will help you to troubleshoot your hard drive.