Thread: AMD chipset and maximum operating temps in MSI 890FXA-GD70?

AMD chipset and maximum operating temps in MSI 890FXA-GD70?

My friend gave me a MSI 890FXA-GD70 motherboard. I actually didn’t install it in my computer. So before actually installing, I would like to know what AMD chipset for NB and SB used for this board from MSI. What would be its maximum operating Temperature and all?

Re: AMD chipset and maximum operating temps in MSI 890FXA-GD70?

For this information I would suggest you to visit the MSI 890FXA-GD70 product site where you will get all the details regarding the chipset used. You can also check in AMD about the chipsets and CPU operating temperatures. They might have datasheets and Thermal/Design Guides with that information. You can either view it or download it your computer as a pdf documents. Other than this you can also visit some other site where they provide good product review and test result. There you will get to know about the accurate operating temps with different specs.

MSI confirms the new AMD 890FX chipset with a stable and fast on the MSI 890FXA-GD70 and by this MSI has renews its range of AMD motherboards by introducing all the elements of the latest generation, the new controller as SATA 6 Gb / s and USB 3.0.

In terms of performance, the work done by MSI is very satisfactory; the tests conducted have fully demonstrated the features of this board, working well beyond the specific frequencies of FSB and up to the highest level.

The layout of the 890FX-GD70 allows you to be able to handle all video configuration, its 5-slot PCI Express easily allow you to place any video solution from a single board up to the maximum configuration with Quad CrossFire. Another point in favor of the 890FX-GD70 is the quality of electronic components used, such as DrMOS, low profile tantalum capacitors, inductors along with the quality of the Japanese NEC, ensure an efficient function of the feed section and the CPU all elements of the PCB, we can really believe that the specific "military" of the MSI 890FX-GD70 enable it to operate for more than 10 years in peace and without the slightest inconvenience.

The chipset used in this motherboard is AMD 890FX+SB850. The mainboard features a black PCB, where it leaps to the eye a very rational distribution of the elements installed on the board. The cooling of the phases of feeding and chipset 890FX, composed of "Northbridge" and "Southbridge", is assigned to a convenient heat sink to-Heat Pipes. Thanks to the simple moving air from the heat sink original or by means of an additional fan, this solution allows to dispose properly of the heat produced by the steps during operation, even under the most use more driven, as in overclocking. There are two convenient touch buttons for power and reset the system plus an LCD debugging, while the CLEAR / CMOS is located in the back rear panel.

You already know about the chipset on MSI 890FXA-GD70 motherboard and I don’t have much explanation about the "Northbridge" and "Southbridge" area. But I would like to tell you about the new feature here. There is a new ferrite core, which makes up each individual stage of each of the phases, are of the type SFC (Super Ferrite Choke). The ferrite super permeable, they are made, guarantees the 30% more for delivery of current, with 35 C below the temperatures reached; a lower operating temperature and a greater supply of current overclocking ensure more stable with higher frequencies. In the power supply stage, the solid state capacitors are replaced by these innovative capacitors high conductivity, based on the use of tantalum, which allow lower operating temperatures and a duration of eight times higher than that of common solid state capacitors.