Thread: Computer does not start with MSI P45D3 Platinum

Computer does not start with MSI P45D3 Platinum

Recently I have build computer in which I have MSI P45D3 Platinum motherboard. After connecting all hardware components when I tried to start my computer at that time I cannot see anything on the monitor. Now after that I have removed all the hardware components and connected it again but that does not make any difference. Whenever I start my computer at that time it shows one green and two red lights. I have disconnected my monitor and tried different monitor but after that when I start my computer at that time I get same issue. Is there anything wrong with my motherboard or something else is causing this problem? What should I do to solve this problem?

Re: Computer does not start with MSI P45D3 Platinum

You should first provide details about your other components in your computer such as CPU, RAM, graphic card, BIOS version so that I can find solution according to that. try to start your computer after clearing the CMOS and then see whether it makes any difference or not? Clearing the CMOS can resolve this type of problem many times.

I have already tried to solve this problem by clearing the CMOS in my computer but after doing that also I am still experiencing same problem. Below are computer specifications.
    • Motherboard - MSI P45D3 Platinum
    • CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo Dual Core E7300 2.66 Ghz
    • RAM – 2 GB
    • Graphic card - NVIDIA GeForce GT 520
    • BIOS – 1.2

You should remove NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 graphic card from your computer and then try to start your system. If your computer starts properly then you have to go to the BIOS setting. After going in to the BIOS setting you have to check whether PCI option is selected or PCI e? I am telling you this because NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 graphic card is PCI-E card and if in your BIOS setting PCI is selected then that can be a reason behind this problem. once you correct the setting in the BIOS after that you have to save it and then connect your NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 graphic card . now start your computer and then see whether all the thing are working properly or not?

After looking your problem I have tried to find answer on internet and I come to know that Intel Core 2 Duo Dual Core E7300 CPU is not fully supported with BIOS version 1.2 in your computer. you should upgrade BIOS version to 1.3 or later and then you will not face any issues. To get the latest BIOS file for your MSI P45D3 Platinum motherboard you have to go to the MSI official site and then search for the MSI P45D3 Platinum motherboard. Now click on download and choose BIOS. After that download the new BIOS file from there.

Yes with BIOS version 1.2 you will face problem with Dual Core CPU. I am using MSI P45D3 Platinum motherboard and my computer was working absolutely fine with my old CPU which was not dual core but when I have upgraded my computer with dual core CPU at that time I get same problem and then I have contact the MSI support regarding this issue. they have told me that with BIOS version 1.3 or later I will not face this problem and after doing that I have connected my old CPU with my computer and then I have downloaded BIOS update file from the MSI official site. Now after that I have burn bootable CD of it and upgrade the BIOS in my system. After upgrading the BIOS when I connected CPU with my computer at that time I didn’t get any problem. I hope after upgrading the BIOS for your MSI P45D3 Platinum motherboard you will not face any issue.

First I have tried to start my computer without NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 graphic card but after doing that also I was having same problem and then I have connected different CPU in my computer and then turn on my computer and then performed BIOS upgrade. After dong that I have connected my Intel Core 2 Duo Dual Core E7300 2.66 Ghz CPU with my computer again and then when I turn on the system at that time it worked correctly. The only problem which I am facing now is whenever I start any game in my computer at that time I get black border on right and left side of window. I have tried to solve this problem by reinstalling the NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 graphic card drivers from my computer and updating the drivers also but after that also I get same problem. I have also tried different resolutions but that does not helped me to solve this problem. What should I do to solve this problem? Thank you in advance.

You are facing this problem because you have not selected Nvidia scaling option in Nvidia control panel. You have to perform below steps to solve this problem.
    • Open nVidia control panel.
    • Expand the display option
    • Click on the flat panel scaling
    • Now choose “Use Nvidia scaling option”
    • Click on OK button.