Thread: Red LED light on K9S2 SLI motherboard

Red LED light on K9S2 SLI motherboard

I am having the K9S2 SLI motherboard in my desktop. With the configuration as follows
    K9N2 SLI platinum motherbaord.
    2.3 GHz AMD Phenom X4 processor.
    2 GB RAM.
    GeForce GTX 460 graphics card.
    450 Watt power supply.
    300 GB Hard drive.
    Now I am facing a new problem that when I turn on the PC I am seeing red LED lights on my motherboard. I never saw the red led lights on the motherboard when I was using it. I saw this for the first time. I am afraid that my motherboard doesn’t get crashed. Can anyone help in solving this problem?

Re: Red LED light on K9S2 SLI motherboard

I think that the problem is with the PSU you are using. I was having the same problem with my motherboard. When I discussed this problem with one of my friend then he suggested me to check all the parts of the computer on another computer. I checked all the parts of the computer except the power supply. When I removed my motherboard form the cabinet and used it on my friend’s computer I was shocked by seeing that there were no red led lights. The motherboard worked fine and when I checked it on my PC the same error occurred. Then I bought his power supply and checked for the problem it was solved by using another power supply. I suggest you to change the power supply and check for the same problem is occurring or not.

Re: Red LED light on K9S2 SLI motherboard

I had the same problem in my motherboard. When I updated my bios settings on the motherboard I got this problem. So I restored the old bios and was free from the problem. I suggest you to restore the bios settings. To restore the bios settings unplug all the power cables and the CMOS battery for around half an hour. After then restart the computer and check for the problem.