Thread: Lucid Virtu not working on MSI z68A-GD55 (B3) motherboard

Lucid Virtu not working on MSI z68A-GD55 (B3) motherboard

The reason why I purchased Virtu software, was because it has n number of features which is really good for next-generation PCs with 2nd Generation Intel Core processor platforms as it really works well and provides some advanced power-efficient methods . as I was interested in reducing the power drain of traditional entertainment desktops I just found this option to be better than any means. So I am assured that I will get optimal simultaneous performance in 3D gaming as well as video features such as transcoding along with HD playback and to do so , one benefit which I will sustain is that I don’t require to swap video cable connections between GPUs which is really unique. I made a download and installaed it. Previously it was all working well , but I think I am more concerned to this one as some issues have occurred in recent times. I have MSI Global – Mainboard - Z68A-GD55 (B3) and having some issues as it running on this board. Virtu Logo doesn’t tend to behave rather it should be. And that’s the reason why I can’t use i-mode . I am not knowing whether all would be solved or not in new BIOS. Can you guys give me some assumption regarding the same as how can I solve the same.

re: Lucid Virtu not working on MSI z68A-GD55 (B3) motherboard

If you are using virtu software, I think you first of all need to use Intel VGA drivers along with latest NVIDIA drivers. So just check in your system regarding the same , also confirm that you are using lucid virtu’s latest version. I need to give you some tips regarding the same as you need to first of all uninstall all VGA drivers entirely and also make an un-installation of lucid virtu software. To uninstall VGA drivers, you can make use of user Driver Sweeper in Safe Mode. You need top then unplug your PSU from A/C power and then make steps to clear CMOS. Juts proceed then in UEFI/BIOS Setup and see to that you have loaded "Optimized Defaults". Make some settings for Lucid in the same and then reinstall the drivers and the Lucid Virtu utility.

I am also having same issues with this board and the Virtu installed is a Trial Version regardless of which revision it is. So after this , I made an installation of the latest UEFI/BIOS Version, along with most recent Realtek HD Audio Manager and the most recent Virtu-Installer from the Lucid and all was solved. So you can even try this one and hope that helps you.

If you come across Virtu, it is similar to GPU Virtualization and the setup is pretty easy. First of all , you need to begin with a platform which supports Sandy Bridge's CPU graphics you need to then make a connection with your display to the motherboard's video out. Further, add in a supported discrete GPU remember to supply power but this is not the step to make a connection with all those with your monitor to it. It is actually similar to hydra as it functiosn similr to the way hydra performs. It intercepts API calls along with passes them to a GPU of its choosing. the objective here isn't to extend the load across numerous GPUs. as an alternative, Virtu intends to match every task with the GPU best appropriate to it. Video output is switched by SNB's GPU,and in addition, data is just copied from the dGPU's frame buffer to the iGPU's frame buffer for output. According to Lucid , it says this is normal and usual process and gives such output. The first B3 stepping 6-series chipsets are currently in the hands of OEMs along with motherboard producers in addition to Z68 boards are coming in the subsequent quarter. Lucid's Virtu is a main and chief section of the policy though, at least on the desktop. In mobile it's a non-issue as everybody supports a few forms of switchable graphics, but in the case of desktop we require a universal resolution. While the Virtu release candidate still requires a few work, it's far more refined than I estimated it to be.

So according to me, I think ,board makers as well as OEMs should have their hands on the RC of Virtu at this moment, which means we should see it show up in motherboard boxes. obviously this still doesn't take care of those clients who desire to overclock their CPU, join up it with a separate GPU and make use of Quick Sync additionally. We will have to stay until Z68 for that to come across.

I think if you are with Virtu Control Panel showing 'Evaluation Copy', it clearly indicates that valid Lucid activation key is missing. Just see to it that you get a valid key from MSI Tech Support and as you said you are with Z68 version of your motherboard, there should be a key in UEFI version revisions as it was already encompassed within it. Along with it you can even try with BETA UEFI/BIOS Version as most of the users were facing same issues as of you and after this release , many have their virtu working well. flashing the most recent BETA Release is worth and that can solve your issue .

All I can figure is there must be some issues with some of the versions or drivers or something related to. It was suggested by some forums guys to follow the MSI guide which would get me some idea. I did followed the MSI Guide to the letter. it loaded and works just right. So I am concerning to software Application Guide V1.2. You might require to do a clean sweep and then start with it. I searched this topic on many forums but was with no positive result. I made use of Intel graphics driver off the install disk only along with downloaded Virtu driver from the MSI Website as well as the most recent nVidia driver for the GTX 480.