Thread: After installing linux on Intel DZ77BH-55K getting horrible screen resolution and mouse is laggy and jumpy

After installing linux on Intel DZ77BH-55K getting horrible screen resolution and mouse is laggy and jumpy

I have recently replaced my Intel Desktop Board DZ68DB with Intel Desktop Board DZ77BH-55K as it has turned faulty and now I am having some issues in linux, I have installed Arch, Fedora and Xubuntu distros and I don’t know why but then the screen resolution at the login screen is quite in all the distros, the resolution turns up fine after the login but then I don’t know what is wrong at the login, currently I am have connected Dell monitor using display port, I was not having the same issue previously under similar conditions when I was using Intel Desktop Board DZ68DB. Other than this issue I have found that the mouse is incredibly laggy and jumpy in Arch and Xubuntu even though I have connected the mouse to one of the USB2 port of the PC, is there anyone having any idea regarding what might be causing these issues?? Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Re: After installing linux on Intel DZ77BH-55K getting horrible screen resolution and mouse is laggy and jumpy

As far as the mouse issue is concerned you can try out Switching the mouse from the black USB2 ports to the blue USB3 ports and see if the issue is getting solved or not, I know that it is recommended to use USB2 ports for keyboard and mouse but then I have found a no of people having similar issues but then after Switching the mouse from the black USB2 ports to the blue USB3 ports they were able to resolve the same, I am not very sure but the I think that there might be some kind of hardware incompatibility, just try out what I have suggested and then let me know what response you are getting, till then I will try to find out an workaround for the other issues you are facing.

Re: After installing linux on Intel DZ77BH-55K getting horrible screen resolution and mouse is laggy and jumpy

Hey thanks for that quick I have now solved out the mouse issue by Switching the mouse from the black USB2 ports to the blue USB3 ports as suggested by you but then I am still having the display port issue, It is very irritating to see the boot splash screen filling just half off the screen in Xubuntu, as I have already mentioned the resolution is too low for the login screen in Arch as well as in Xubuntu, I also wanted to add that I have noticed that there is a pause after logging in may it is because the resolution gets adjusted automatically, I am not aware of these issue and I have really never faced the same with DZ68DB, is there anything I can do about the display port issue, can you help me out with any effective solution as you did??