Thread: Ethernet port is not working on MSI Z77A-GD65

Ethernet port is not working on MSI Z77A-GD65

I have assembled computer in which I have MSI Z77A-GD65 motherboard. After connecting all the components properly I have install windows 7 operating system and then I have installed all the drivers in my computer, but Ethernet port is not working in my computer. I have right clicked on computer and then open device manger from the properties and when I see the Ethernet controller status at that it shows “This device cannot start. (Code 10)”. While installing the drivers I didn’t get any problem. if anyone have any solution regarding this problem then let me know.

Re: Ethernet port is not working on MSI Z77A-GD65

You should open start menu and right click on computer and select properties. After selecting the properties you have to go to the device manger and right click on your Ethernet controller, now select uninstall option. Once it driver gets uninstalled you have to restart your computer. When your computer starts again at that time let window to install the drivers automatically. Once it installs the drivers completely then you have to reboot your computer once again and check whether your problem gets solved or not? May be with the help of this solution your problem will get solved.

I tried above steps to solve this problem but that does not help me to solve this problem. I visited official site of MSI and then searched for the MSI Z77A-GD65 motherboard. Now after that I have selected windows 7 operating system and then downloaded Ethernet drivers from there, but after installing the Ethernet drivers in my computer also I was experiencing same problem. If anyone has resolved similar type of problem then let me know.

As far as I know with new BIOS version 10.5 LAN ROM have upgraded and that is why I would like to tell you that if you have BIOS version 10.3 in your computer then download BIOS version 10.5 from the MSI official site or by clicking here DOWNLOAD. After downloading that you have to update the BIOS in your computer and then you have to check whether your problem gets solved. I am suggesting you this solution because I was also experiencing same problem with my computer and then I have first tried to fix this problem by reinstalling the Ethernet drivers in my computer but that does not helped me to solve this problem and then I have downloaded latest Ethernet drivers and installed it but result was same. Now after that I have contact the motherboard manufacturer and asked for the solution. They have told me to update the BIOS and then I have tried this solution and my problem gets solved.

If you face same problem after updating the BIOS also then there might be something wrong with your motherboard.