Thread: need 4gb memory/ram that is compatible with Intel DZ68DB Desktop Board

need 4gb memory/ram that is compatible with Intel DZ68DB Desktop Board

I am planning to build a new PC even already buy a new Intel DZ68DB desktop motherboard before 2 months. At that time I just want to change my motherboard only because my old motherboard is not working properly. So, I just a brought a new motherboard. But after a few days system started give many problems like issues with CPU and hard disk. So, now I am planning to buy a whole new system. When I am googling around to know more about my Intel DZ68DB desktop motherboard I found that these mother is having many memory issues like some memory are not supporting, issues with low profile memory, memory output is low, etc. I never think about any Intel desktop board having any problem like that. I want to know that is it that kind of problem is occurred with my Intel DZ68DB desktop motherboard. Or issued is there than which memory I have to use to give me a full performance. I want o buy a 4GB memory. I am giving my configuration of desktop which I want to buy and I also provide you memory specification for Intel DZ68DB desktop motherboard. So, Please suggest me which brand and which series RAM is good for my motherboard? And need any change is this configuration which is better for me?

Intel® Desktop Board DZ68DB Memory Specification:

• Four 240-pin DDR3 SDRAM Dual Inline Memory Module (DIMM) sockets
    • Dual Channel DDR3 1333 MHz and DDR3 1066 MHz support
    • Support for 1 GB, 2 GB, and 4 GB memory technology
    • Support for up to 32 GB of system memory with four DIMMs using 4 GB memory technology
    • Support for non-ECC memory
    • Support for 1.35 V low voltage JEDEC memory

Configuration of System:

• Processor: Intel core i7 series
    • Memory: Kingston KVR1333D3N9/4G
    • Graphics card: GeForce GTX 670 2GB
    • CPU Cooler: Noctua Technologies CPU Cooler
    • Hard-Disk Drive: Western Digital Hard-Disk Drive: Caviar Blue Series / 500 GB / RAID 1 Configuration
    • Sound Card : Xonar Essence STX
    • Fractal Design Case : Define XL / Titanium Grey Edition
    • Power Supply: 650W cooler master power supply
    • DVD ROM: LG blue ray DVD writer

Re: need 4gb memory/ram that is compatible with Intel DZ68DB Desktop Board

I have Intel Desktop Board DZ68BC which I brought in last January. I was brought this board because my old one having problem with Hard desk detection. So, I brought new one and it is working fine from last one year. I am installed 3 X 4GB Transcend 1330 MHz ram in my machine and still working fine. I never get any problem with any Intel motherboard. Intel is one of Top reputed company for Motherboard and processors. Intel charges the high price but provide high quality product also. I am give you the some Good confirmation which never give you incapability issues with your Intel DZ68DB motherboard.

Configuration Is:
    • Processor: Intel Core i7-2600K
    • Motherboard: Intel desktop board DZ68DB (which you already brought).
    • Hard Disk: Seagate 2TB 64MB Cache 5900 RPM Green
    • Power Supply: Huntkey Green Power 500w Power Supply
    • Optical Drive: LG BH12LS38 Blu-ray Optical Media
    • Case: Define XL / Titanium Grey Edition
    • Keyboard Mouse: Logitech Wireless Desktop MK260
    • Monitor: ViewSonic VX2268wm 22 inch LCD Monitor
    • CPU Cooler: Coolermaster V6 muscle CPU Cooler
    • VGA Cooler: Thermalright VGA Cooler HR-03 plus
    • Memory: CORSAIR XMS3 DHX 4GB Memory
    • Graphic Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 520

The Intel Desktop DZ68DB board is an Intel Z68 express chipset based desktop board. I have Intel DZ68DB desktop board. It has 4 socket of RAM with support of DIMM and 4GB technology. Once I am also heard that kind of issues for that board and I ask to uncle about this problem and he is computer engineer. He told me that is not a unique and universal truth. He assured me to install transcend any low profile memory. He also took me to some Intel store and they guys are told me. They made many system with this board and sometimes they install Kingston KVR1333D3N9/4G memory but never any issues and all working fine.

I also have Intel Desktop DZ68DB board from last few months. I install full height of memory but never get any trouble with it. I brought this board because my old system rebooted after every 1-2 hours. I am lastly used Asus G31 series board with Kingston 2x2GB ram and having trouble. I tried many things but cannot solve this problem. So, I brought this board and now all is working fine. I am using corsair Ram and I think you also buy this Ram. It gives best performance with Intel.

I was planned to assemble a new system for my Office by Myself. I make Google search for some good configuration. I am decided to buy Intel desktop board DZ68DB. After getting all parts and assemble my system. I install same Kingston memory and system is started but shows the blue screen error and finally rebooted. I tried many times to solve this error but same problem is coming. So, I change Ram and install corsair Vengeance series DDR3 ram with dual channel and now all working fine. I got this problem why problem is coming. I install Kingston single channel memory which is not supported in Intel DZ68DB board. So, I install dual channel corsair Ram. It is not a brand and low profile issue but that kind problem coming because of compability issues.

When I get any trouble with my System, I always prefer to talk Intel support center. I have same board and I was confused about which RAM should I refer to install. According to Intel executive they told me to install any 240 Pin DDR3 1333MHz DIMM desktop memory and as personal experience they told me to prefer Corsair. They also told me to don’t use Kingston because sometime Kingston having Over clocking problem in some series. I Install CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10. I haven’t any problem till now.