Thread: PRO/1000 PT Quad Port Server Adapter disappears after every boot on Intel DX58OG

PRO/1000 PT Quad Port Server Adapter disappears after every boot on Intel DX58OG

I have Intel DX58OG motherboard and I am facing problem with the PRO/1000 PT Quad Port Server Adapter in my computer. from last few days whenever I start my computer at that time my computer detects PRO/1000 PT Quad Port Server Adapter properly and when I restart my computer at that time it does not detect it, PRO/1000 PT Quad Port Server Adapter disappears regularly. I have open my computer cabinet and then removed PRO/1000 PT Quad Port Server Adapter and connected it again but that does not make any difference. Is there anything wrong with my computer or problem is with my PRO/1000 PT Quad Port Server Adapter? Any help will be appreciated.

Re: PRO/1000 PT Quad Port Server Adapter disappears after every boot on Intel DX58OG

After referring your problem regarding PRO/1000 PT Quad Port Server Adapter with your motherboard I will suggest you to first check pcie_aspm option is turned off in the BIOS or not? If it not turned off then you have to turn it off and after that you may not face this problem again. you have to first restart your computer and after restarting your computer you have to go to the BIOS setting. In BIOS setting you have to check whether ASPM option is turned off or turned on? If ASPM option is not turned off then you have to turn it off and after turning off this you have to save BIOS setting. After doing that you have to check whether same problem is occurring or not? you have to also go to the official site of Intel and then look for the BIOS update for your Intel DX58OG motherboard, If there new BIOS update available for motherboard then you should download latest BIOS update file and then update the BIOS in your computer. after updating the BIOS in your computer you have to do all the BIOS setting and then check whether same problem occurs or not?

Re: PRO/1000 PT Quad Port Server Adapter disappears after every boot on Intel DX58OG

I was also experiencing same problem with PRO/1000 PT Quad Port Server Adapter in my computer and then I have first thought that problem is with the PRO/1000 PT Quad Port Server Adapter and that is why I have removed it from my computer and connected it with another computer and it was working properly with another computer. Now I have tried to find solution on internet and I have come to know that enabling “Force Gen1”in BIOS can solve this problem and then I have tried this solution and then all the things started working like a charm. You should also try this trick and then let me know whether same problem occurs or not?

I have search for the BIOS update on the official site of Intel and I have downloaded latest BIOS update file in my computer and then I have performed BIOS update in my computer. After updating the BIOS I have don’t all the BIOS setting again but that does not make any difference. I have also tried to look for “Force Gen1”in BIOS but I didn’t find any option. What should I do to solve this problem?

I have tried to look for the information regarding Intel PRO/1000 PF Quad Port Server Adapter not supporting Intel DX58OG motherboard and I have come to know that Intel DX58OG motherboard come with the Two PCI Express 2.0 x 16 bus, Three PCI Express 2.0 and One PCI conventional bus connector but PRO/1000 PT Quad Port Server Adapter uses PCIe bridge and it is not compatible with PCI 2.0. According to this information you need to buy Intel PRO/1000 PT Quad Port LP Server Adapter or Intel Gigabit ET Quad Port Server Adapter or Intel Gigabit ET2 Quad Port Server Adapter. I hope this information will be helpful for you.

Thank you so much for giving me information after looking at above post I have bought Intel Gigabit ET2 Quad Port Server Adapter and connected it with my computer. After connecting it with my computer It is not disappearing and working correctly. the only thing I want to know is how to enable wake up on LN option in my system if anyone have any idea regarding this then let me know. Thank you in advance.

To enable wake on LAN option you have to perform this steps. Open control panel in your computer and after that you have to open network connection. In network connection you will see local area network and you have to right click on it and then select properties, in properties window you have to click on the configure button and then go to the advanced tab. Now you need to look for Wake On LAN option under properties list and then set it as Magic packet and then click on the power management tab. You have to see whether Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power option is selected or not? if it is not selected then select it and click on OK button. If you need any more information then let me know.

You have to also make sure that wake on lan (WOL) option is enabled in the BIOS setting because in my setting after enabling the wake on Lan from NIC properties also I was facing same problem and that is why I have tried to find solution internet and then I have come to know that Wake On LAN option was disabled in the BIOS and because of that problem was occurring. Now after that I have open BIOS setting and enabled Wake on LAN from the power tab and saved that setting. now after that my problem get solved.