Thread: After trying to upgrade to latest BIOS 040, Intel DZ68DB died

After trying to upgrade to latest BIOS 040, Intel DZ68DB died

My system I having Intel DZ68DB motherboard and I have been facing a number of issue with the same, I mean that the BIOS hangs in EB, it is displaying memory Voltage, the USB3 is not working correctly, I thought that an bios update will be fix the issue and I was waiting for the same and found the latest BIOS 040 to be addressing this issue as covered but then when I updated the bios to the same then the system restarted and I got a display message saying that the bios has not been upgraded, so I rebooted again and since that the board is appearing to be dead, I mean that there is no beep and display at all, by now I have took the board out and have tried out the incl. recovery as well as BIOS CFG (jumper to 2-3) disconnecting all the other things but then it is still not making any difference, the only things that happens is that fan(s) go on but then there is no lights on keyboard, I have tried using different power supply and have tried using different ram as well thinking that there might be something wrong with them but then even they did not helped, I am quite sure that the psu and the ram that I have used are fine as I have took them out from a working issue but then the board is appearing to be dead, I had never faced such issues before, I have tried out a number of suggested solution along with the possible solution that I could have tried but none of them helped, is there anything else that one can suggest me here or is there any other solution that I can try out to track out the cause of this issue??

Re: After trying to upgrade to latest BIOS 040, Intel DZ68DB died

I am not very sure but then I doubt that you might have tried out the recovery BIOS correctly, so I just wanted to know that have you removed the jumper completely when you had tried out the recovery BIOS update? Had you replaced the jumper after the BIOS update, I will suggest you to better check out the tech documents and cross check and make sure that you have performed the recovery BIOS update process correctly, you should also try to remove the CMOS battery wait for some hours and then put it again, other than this check out the battery voltage, a better idea will be replacing the battery itself to be at the safer side and after that try out the recovery BIOS update keeping other things disconnected and having the hardware that are required for carrying out the task and see if you are able to get the board boot or not, just check these things out and then let me know the response you are getting so that I can have a better idea of the issue that you are facing and will try to help you with the same further.

In that case I will like to inform you that I am quite sure that I have not missed anything regarding the recovery BIOS update process as I am aware of the same and have performed it successfully a no of times before, I have cross checked with the recovery (without jumper) method as well as the bios cfg (jumper 2-3) method and I have performed it in the same way but then it is not making any difference, after your suggestion I have removed the cmos battery and have waited long and have put it back and tried to boot but then I am getting the same response the motherboard is still appearing to be dead and responding in the same way, there is still no beep and display, I think that the board is just dead, if there is any other workaround that I can try out then please share else I will go for a rma?? Any further help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

You seems to have tried out the possible solution but then I still think that you should try out using some other download of the BIOS update, there are possibilities that you might be having a corrupted downloads before, actually I have faced the same previously where I was running in to similar condition and the first bios update I had tried was not making any difference in my case but then after trying out second download of the BIOS update I was able to get the system boot properly but then make sure that you are making a full reformat of the disk or usb that you might be using for the update, you can try out putting the board in the simplest configuration by having the minimal hardware connected to it, if that does not help then you are probably having a damaged board and there is nothing further that you can try out and you will simply have to replace the board, I am not sure that you might be having the same case as that of mine but then I think that you can give it a try to what I have suggested, so just try it out and then let me know what you get.

I have faced the corrupt download thing as well and that is the reason I have tried downloading all the 3 versions of the bios but then I have not got any luck, I have found that the bios is not even accessing the disk as well as the flash drive, since you have faced the corrupt bios download I just wanted to know that have you noticed that 5V Standby led never goes out if we have connected a monitor, I have checked out some forums where people where having similar issues like that of mine, I was thinking that there is something wrong with the bios and may be because of the same I was waiting for an bios update as I have mentioned in my very first post, I have found the notes of the 040 BIOS and they have mentioned such issues to be covered but then I am running out of ideas thinking that why it has not made any difference in my case, there are not display and n beep but then there are lights on 5V standby power led, even though I am having a 2600K processor I have never tried out overclocking it, it seems that the 040 BIOS has just not fixed the issue in my case as I have found some people mentioning that it has helped them out in similar condition including you.

In my case I am having a DX58SO and not a DZ68DB but then the 5 V standby voltage LED is remaining lit until I switch off the power supply or disconnect the same, the LED doesn't go out immediately after switching off the power supply or disconnecting it but then it goes off after some seconds, I have not tried unlplugging the monitor just for removing the standby voltage from the motherboard, I have connected the monitor to the Nvidia graphics card and I will like to inform you that the power doesn't go to the motherboard from the monitor, so just check it out and make sure that the monitor is capable of providing standby power to the Intel board. I also wanted to know that is your motherboard having standby power connected to a monitor? I am not very sure about your case but then I think that there is smoothing wrong with the standby power connected to a monitor.

In my case it is not full standby power and as far as I know the basic method of getting the system powerless is unplugging it or turning it off, I know that the stby Power led stays for sometime after it is disconnected but then one can press the power switch for draining it faster, I have found that the stby LED does not goes out fully when a monitor is connected to the onboard graphics card, it will glow for sometime until one disconnects the monitor, anyways I don’t think that is has something to do with the bios or probably my case but then I agree that it should be tested out as far as a trouble shooting is concerned right?