Thread: Getting error "windows has encountered a problem connecting with a device connected to your computer" on intel DG43GT

Getting error "windows has encountered a problem connecting with a device connected to your computer" on intel DG43GT

There was some problem with the motherboard in my system so I have bought intel DG43GT and intel E2200 cpu for replacing the same and now the problem that I am facing is that I am not able to install windows XP on the same, when the operating system is loading then I get an error message saying "windows has encountered a problem connecting with a device connected to your computer", I have tried installing windows 7 as well as vista but then I am getting the same error message from them as well, I don’t know what is the issue all about, I have checked out the boot sequence where DVD, hard drive IBA GE slot 00CB V1353 PXE 2.1 are listed, I am aware of the first two items but then I don’t know what IBA GE slot 00CB V1353 PXE 2.1 is, I think that there is something wrong because of it, is there anyone who has came across the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well??
    My system specification is as followed:
    • PSU Antec 550 watt
    • DVD RW Toshiba model TS-H653 SATA
    • HD Hitachi deskstar 500 Gb SATA model HPD 725050GLA360
    • CPU INTEL E2200
    • Memory 2 modules DDR2 Samsung 2Gb 2Rx8 PC2-6400U-666-12-E3 Part No M378T5663QZ3-CF7

re: Getting error "windows has encountered a problem connecting with a device connected to your computer" on intel DG43GT

Since you are having issue with the installation of operating system on Intel(R) Desktop Board DG43GT, so you can try out Preboot Execution Environment (PXE) which is a method for booting from a server, this will not conflict with the installation of the operating system, the option is called boot to network and you can disable the same by going in to the BIOS under the boot tab, you can just load the BIOS defaults with F9 and after that disable the “boot to network” option and then save the same and exit by pressing F10, when you will done with all this then you can update your motherboard BIOS by the F7 trick if you are not aware of the same then you can follow the below instruction below:
    • First just download and save the following Recovery BIOS (.BIO) file to a temporary directory BE0028P.BIO
    • After downloading it Copy the .BIO to a USB thumb drive and then connect the thumb drive into a USB port of the system and then turn off the system.
    • Now turn on the computer and then press f2 for entering the BIOS and then go to Boot > Boot Display Options menu and then Enable “Display F7 to Update BIOS” option and then save and exit by pressing F10.
    • While booting when you get the F7 prompt then just press F7 for entering the BIOS Flash Update tool and then select the USB thumb drive and hit enter.
    • When you are done until here then Select the .BIO file and hit enter and then again hit enter for confirming that you want to update the BIOS.
    • Now the update will take 2-5 minutes for completing, when the process gets fin finished then Remove the thumb drive and then Restart the computer.

Just try out the same and then let me know if the issue is getting solved or not, if you have any further queries then feel free to ask, I will surely try to help you out with it.

re: Getting error "windows has encountered a problem connecting with a device connected to your computer" on intel DG43GT

As you have mentioned that you have bought the intel DG43GT and intel E2200 cpu for replacing a daed motherboard, I just wanted to know if all the other bits in the system are same except from the motherboard? What was the issue that you were having with the previous motherboard, the PSU is one of the common part that fails in computers and they don’t even provide obvious clues, so check out the same and see if there is anything wrong with it, I have checked out for the error and I wanted to know that have you used different lead/connector from the PSU to your HDD and DVD drive? If not then try using the same and then cross check the connection and see if it is making any difference, if you are having any spare SATA cables then you can try out using the same as for narrowing down the cause of the issue, if all these are not helping then you can try running manufacturers diagnostic utility on your HDD and check out if there is something wrong with the hard drive. Just check out these things and then let me know what you get so that I can have a better idea of the issue that you are facing and will try to help you out with the same.

I am having a HP Pavilion A6500F and it was having a Foxcom motherboard the INTEL DG43GT was recommended as an replacement for the same, I cannot tell you the exact reason for the failure of the Foxcom motherboard as I was having a number of issue with the same, other than the motherboard I have changed the 250 watt PSU with Antec 550 PSU and I have also changed the HD and DVD drive as well and I am quite sure that there is nothing wrong with them as I have took them out from an working system but then I don’t know why I am getting that error, I have tested out the cables as well and I don’t think that there is anything wrong with them as well. Only the memory has been untouched so far but then I don’t think that there might be something wrong with it because it was working fine before without any issues, is there anything else that I need to check out or any workaround that I can try out to get rid of this issue?? Any further help regarding the same will be highly appreciated.

Even I don’t think that there is something wrong with the memory in your case, if it was then you would have got some other message not the one that you are getting now, I don’t think that there is anything wrong with an I/O (input/output) but then it is appearing as if it is with the devices like PSU or the data cables but then since you have mentioned that you have checked them out I am still guessing out the other cause of this issue, if you are using a Long SATA cable then try using 45 cm absolute maximum length good quality cables as I have fond the 45 cm absolute maximum length good quality cables to be mostly problematic, Hope you are using the cables that you might have got with the new motherboard, I also wanted to add that even though you have took out the PSU from a working computer there are possibilities that it might not be compatible with the system that you are having now, you should also check out the connectors that you might have plugged into the HDD and make sure that they are connected properly, lat things I wanted to know that have you loaded the BIOS default values for the motherboard before trying out the installation of the operating system?? If not then try out that first. There are the possible things that one should check out in such cases, so just cross check these things again and see if you are able to track out the actual cause of the issue.

Hey guys thanks for your help so far but then I have tried out some more trouble shooting and I found that the system had partitioned the hard disk in to 3 partitions along with a restore partition, the restore partition was of no use to me and as I was not having the restore CD I simply deleted the 3 partitions on the hard disk and formatted the same with 500 GB partition and after that when I tried loading windows 7 then I did not got any error message and the installation was successful I don’t know what exactly was wrong with the hard disk but then there was something wrong with it, I would have tested out the hard disk first, I would have saved a lot of time, anyways I am happy that I have solved out5 the issue somehow, thanks to you all for your help as well.

Re: Getting error "windows has encountered a problem connecting with a device connected to your computer" on intel DG43GT

I am glad to hear that you have solved out the issue, I just wanted to add that the OEM provided HDDs are basically BIOS linked to the model of the motherboard and they come up with some date so as to work with the system, so if you are using such drives with the original motherboard then you won’t have any issues but then if you use it with a different motherboard than the OEM OS installation will not work on that hard disk, you can say that they might be having some incompatibility issue with the motherboard, you have got the drive working now because you have removed the OEM customizations by deleting the partitions and formatting the drive, so now you know what was the issue all about.