Thread: Cooling question on Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5

Cooling question on Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5

I have a Gigabyte X58-UD5 Motherboard with Intel Core i7-920 CPU . I had connected a Corsair H70 Cpu Cooler on the same. Along with this I have around 4GB of Gskill Ram. So the system configuration here becomes a bit heavy. What I trying to do know is get rid of Corsair H70 Cooler and get a new Noctua NH-D14 cpu cooler. I had checked the cpu case there is enough room to fix the new one. What I want to know that will it be better to go for new cooler because I do not find the existing enough strong to hold up overclocking. Has anyone has benefited from this cooler or not. I just to ensure that it must not block my pci slot on the board. This will reduce the chances of using a gpu and will be a entire waste of money.

Re: Cooling question on Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5

According to me Noctua NH-D14 is one of the best cpu cooler I had seen ever. I offers a better heat management in the system which helps you to deal with rising temperature or fluctuating one while overclocking. While Corsair gives you a little bit more than traditional cooling. I will really not like to compromise between my systems temperature control especially when I am planing to go for overclocking or multi-gpu support. Noctua has nice reputation in the market also and has found to be good for Intel Core i7 processor. There are number of fans that you can try to add on the cpu case. Second thing remember that if you keep increasing the hardware in your in your system especially for cooling purpose do not forget to check the power requirement. In many cases it is recommended to increase the psu also.

Here is my experience while overclocking Intel Core i7 processor. I had found a stable temperature of Intel processor @ 76 Degree Celsius. My settings was, Intel Core i7 overclocked @ 3.8Ghz, and I had underclocked the ram to 1810Mhz for some reason. I just do not want to put more stree on the processor. The temperature was stable between 76 to 80 Degree Celsius. It is a high temperature. But with Noctua I found that it can deal with the heat in a much better way. Noctua ND -D14. Rightnow where I stuck is that if I leave the temperature @ 80 Degree and do not really do anything for better cooling, I might destroy my process completely. So what more I can do is play with the overclocking settings and reducing the ram Mhz a bit more lower.

Anyhow if I increase the cpu clock rate more heat will be produced and going to kill my system.

After going all those post above I think there can be something done without changing the cpu cooler completely. Corsair H70 is a good cooler. I had provided this to my friend who owns a Intel Core i7 system but do not overclock. What I think that, there can be much done to the smps. The power supply unit of a system. the temperature rises if the cooler does not get full power to run the fall at full speed. You might know that motherboard bios has a feature which increase the fan speed as the cpu temperature rises. Get a good power supply and just give a try.

Even I agree with the same. The cpu cooler is not the once because of which you are getting so high temperature. It is the psu that is low grade. Basically we get a 250w, 440w or 700w psu on the base of system we purchase. The most default is 250w and 440w which is not enough. It should be either 700 or 1000w which is best for future purpose also. 1000w is costly but are nice for multi-gpu, overclocking type work.