Thread: How to enable Wake-on-LAN (WOL) on EVGA P55 SLI motherboard

How to enable Wake-on-LAN (WOL) on EVGA P55 SLI motherboard

Hello friends, I was trying some method to enable Wake-on-LAN (WOL) on EVGA P55 SLI motherboard, but I was not able to get anything related to it. I have tried much other method then also it was not able for me to do it. So does anyone over is able to do it then please do tell me about it, will be really helpful for me. Thank you.

Re: How to enable Wake-on-LAN (WOL) on EVGA P55 SLI motherboard

I was also not able to work it out for me, whereas I was trying two systems for me with eVGA P55 Micro boards, as it was best system with this configuration. There is some reason to use EVGA board which is that you are able to get quality and the possibility of multiple PCIe video cards, whereas I have installed this thing on five machines which required to be connected with each other with help of wake on LAN. I was not able to know that how to get WOL working with these systems. I think that I have missed some simple settings of it. But when I went online to search about WOL settings then I was really shocked and founded that there is no WOL on this board, such that it is not having ability to work with it. It will be not working with current BIOS also. I have not checked for this common feature that board is supporting or not. I do believe that board does support WOL with older version of BIOS.

I was also having same doubt which you people are having it and did asked to one of EVGA technical person then he was saying that according to them it appears that WOL feature is only supported when the computer is put to sleep but not when computer is shutdown. Even they have not done testing of that by adding some additional card that it is working or not such that the slots are not powered when the motherboard is turned off from shutdown. They have told that we people can try it out for us but they do give guarantee about it. So now decision is upon, whether you wanted to try it or not.

I do not know much about WOL is there or not, but what I am know that the board has a total of 17 cycles for the power, of which 12 are intended to feed the processor. The remaining phases for the VTT (2 pieces) and for the DDR3 memory (3 pieces). The P55 FTW board from EVGA is equipped with three PCI-Express 16x slots that are suitable for both Crossfire and SLI. On the board we find more things like a debug LED, a triple BIOS and buttons for Power, Reset and Clear CMOS. The board has six SATA 3 Gbps connectors and all capacitors are of the solid-type cap. On the I / O panel on the side one can find the standard USB 7.1 audio and PS / 2 also has dual Gigabit LAN, FireWire and eSATA.

The D55 SLI (132-LF-E655-KR) is targeted at enthusiasts who prefer a motherboard without interfaces of older generations, because it keeps the only PS / 2 port for mouse support. Other features include the presence of fans for a Port 80 diagnostics display, power and reset buttons along the bottom and the keys CLR_CMOS, both internal and external. Like other P55 motherboard EVGA is able to split the sixteen lines of the processor on two PCIe 2.0 slots for proper SLI support, but the four links on the third x16 slot make it beneficial to add screens, or RAID controller low-performance video cards used as PhysX processors. EVGA puts its six slots along all seven slot positions with a design that offers more space, since the slot is missing in the first video card is normally blocked by the GPU heatsink. EVGA is one of the few companies that design LGA 1156 motherboards with support for socket 775 heatsinks. Many users who have liquid systems for the Core 2 will be happy not having to replace their waterblock. Two other features for enthusiasts see the presence of a jumper that allows you to switch between the primary and backup BIOS, and a row of contacts on the DIMM slots, allowing you to easily control the voltage using a voltmeter.

Well there are very less modern BIOS which are available that are not having have it for the simple reason that you will be able to WOL'ing a dedicated gaming machine and for which it required to have space in bios for other stuff such as logic for n-way SLI or whatever. I will be try to find out a WOL which is capable module for networkchip anyhow if WOL hardware is not there on board and it is not possible for you to make it work for you. So it is really hard for you and also for others.