Thread: Gigabyte P67A-UD7 with Ivy Bridge

Gigabyte P67A-UD7 with Ivy Bridge

Hello friends I have purchased Gigabyte P67A-UD7 for my sandy bridge processor as it was been made for that particular. Many of people have suggested me to switch to latest model of it which is Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3 but I have not did that, if I have done then I will be not able to work on it. I would like to know that if I am using BIOS of older version motherboard then it will be supporting Ivy Bridge processor or not? It is the replaced of B3 model whereas not each and everyone get opportunity to switch that without long RMA downtime. I would like to tell that P67A-UD7 was a very exclusive top end board, due to which I am curious to know that will I be able to get at least BIOS of this board or not, if possible to get updates of it so that I can use it with Ivy Bridge. Does anyone have any idea about it then please tell me about it. Thank you.

Re: Gigabyte P67A-UD7 with Ivy Bridge

Ok, you are using original Gigabyte P67A-UD7 motherboard which is not having any modification and then also you having Cougar Point chipset installed, which appears to be great to me and very nice. If you are this configuration then I might believe that you will be having chances that motherboard will be supporting Ivy Bridge chips and there will be no need of BIOS upgrade for it. There are plenty of motherboards which are been freely swapped out at this particular time and I do not think that Gigabyte will be having any problem with BIOS for this particular board which you are using it. I would suggest that you better visit to GGTS website and check what they have to say about it and it is possible for you to customized BIOS to do the job instead. Try working it out and even check one more link for BIOS for your board.

Gigabyte Global Technical Service

Gigabyte Support & Downloads

The UD7 is a very luxurious motherboard. We see a whole series of PCI Express are fully slots. Twee X16, X8 two are, but full length. That betrays the presence of an extra chip that adds PCI Express bandwidth, because the CPU itself has only 16 lanes available for the graphics card. Among the cooler lies indeed an nForce 200 chip that adds 16 extra lanes to allow triple SLI. (Two of the three video cards than in X8 mode). Also Crossfire is possible with additional bandwidth, which is nice of course. Besides the four X16 slots, we find another X1-lock and an old PCI slot. Besides many expansion possibilities in terms of graphic violence, this motherboard has no less than eight USB 3.0 ports, two on the front panel to use. Surprisingly, we can see, only two NEC-chips, each of which, in essence, only two ports, possible. However, Gigabyte splits again added with a VIA chip (VL 810). Slim! Furthermore, we find all the necessary connections to those on a high-end board practice. The motherboard is a bit in beta stage, what we notice when installing. Sometimes he is sullen and what the system scores are not optimal, although it is certainly not bad. We are confident that the system board functions well as Gigabyte BIOSes its final ban.

Gigabyte motherboard we received the most expensive in the line of LGA 1155-signs that will be out soon. The Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD7 will be no less than 320 euros on the shelves should be placed. This large amount is one with a motherboard that four PCIe x16 ports offers, producing a triple-SLI or CrossFireX configuration can set up. Furthermore, there are as many as 10 USB 3.0 ports, of which 6 are placed on the back panel. Gigabyte has further UD7 also features an extra second LAN port. For the overclockers among us has the power Gigabyte over 24 stages. There is also a display showing the BIOS codes to read.