Thread: CPU FAN is running at 4000+ RPM though CPU temperature is 40 to 45c

CPU FAN is running at 4000+ RPM though CPU temperature is 40 to 45c

I posting below system configuration of my computer.
    Athlon II X4 635 @ 2.9Ghz
    Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-US2H
    Kingston 2x2 Gb 1333Mhz DDR3
    WDC 500Gb Green
    Palit GTS 250 512mb
    Tagan 500W
    Samsung B2030

Lg DVD Writer
    Well I have noticed that temperature of CPU seems to be 45c. though it supposed to be under load of 10-15% but CPU fan is running around 4200+ RPM and noisy sound is coming out from the system of mine. can you tell me what is wrong happened into the situation of mine. For your information I am running cooler at stock speed. as the temperature of CPU is low then probably RPM should be low but it does not happening. I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours. any help on this particular situation will be appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: CPU FAN is running at 4000+ RPM though CPU temperature is 40 to 45c

Well I am not having much idea regarding Athlon II X4 but I am sure about that Phenom II bundled with great stock cooler and it is also having 3 copper heat pipes. As far as issue which you have mentioned over here is concerned it is happening because of lots of heat gathered on your heat sink. So I recommend that you should remove heat sink and simply remove the dust by making use of bower. Even you can make use of brush and spirit to remove the dust gathered at corner. You should make use of good thermal paste . you should take care of the thing that you are applying the same on CPU appropriately. There should be uniform layer of thermal paste on CPU. There will not be any issue if you are using the same into small amount. In my situation I have used CM Ice.

I think in this particular situation you will need to play with BIOS settings. So try below mentioned steps and let me know whether it worked for you or not.
    • First of all you should boot your computer.
    • After that press DEL key couple of times to get into the BIOS Setup.
    • Here you have to look for auto fan control option and see that it is enabled. If it is not set to enable then make it enabled.
    • Also you should undervolt your processor and simply Turn on Cool&Quite and Q fan.
    • Finally you should save the changes which you have made and exit by press F10 key.

After going through the situation of yours I wanted tell you that there amd stock cooler which are paired with athlon II & phenom II CPUs are using small fan. It implies that they are having less area so in order to remove all the heat it need to run CPU faster enough. If you really done want CPU noise then I recommend that you should simply go for Hyper 212 EVO or Hyper TX3 (fan bracket version).

I have not undervolt the processor of mine. as I have also enabled cool and quite from BIOS setup. But I am not having any idea regarding Q Fan. Even I removed the side panel of my cabinet so that I can have better cooling. The best speed of Fan should be 3200+ RPM but many times it getting 4200+ RPM. However in certain situation it would reach to 4700+RPM. Now I am looking to purchase TX3. But I am not having much idea regarding cost of the same. after installing it I will not have any issue even though my CPU work under 1005 load. Also planning to upgrade to phenom x4 so probably there will not be any noise at load. Also let me know whether I need to remove motherboard in order to install TX3?

You will be able to installed Hyper TX3 without removing motherboard of yours. Antec Kuhler Box can be better option for you. If you are looking to have cooling without having any noise then you should purchase aftermarket cooler such as TX3.
    I think in your situation Dust and thermal compound supposed to be major culprit.

Personally I am using Hyper EVO 212 and noise level enough than that pf default fan provided by AMD, even it is having better cooling effect at less RPM. Also I am using a 2 fan config to get Push Pull Flow. Hyper 212 was the oldest version after Hyper 212+ came in the market and Hyper 212 Evo is the latest version.

Is thermal paste properly applied between your heatsink and processor?