Thread: Gigabyte and Asus motherboards 12 vs 16 vs 20 VRM

Gigabyte and Asus motherboards 12 vs 16 vs 20 VRM

hey guys, need little help. I am building a new computer. Planning to but Gigabyte motherboard or if not in my budget I might go for Asus. Here i got confused in VRM. Which VRM should I go for if i need to choose 12, 16 or 20 phase power VRM?

Re: Gigabyte and Asus motherboards 12 vs 16 vs 20 VRM

The 12 phase power VRM in Gigabyte motherboard optimizes the full caliber components to provide pure and non disturbing power to CPU. 12 phase power VRM allows good supply of power. It lowers the temperature to provide maximum performance levels.

The 12 phase power VRM has been created for better responsiveness resulting in saving of time through faster and uninterrupted power supply during high CPU loading tasks. This VRM does not generate more heat and the load is distributed between the 12 phases.

Thanks for the great info Mahanth... but i guess you forgot to give information about 16 phase VRM. Anyways, allow me to do that. The 16 phase power VRM has been designed to deliver fast response times through quick and uninterrupted power delivery during when CPU is under heavy loaded task. It utilizes the highest components to provide better and stable power flow to the CPU. So that the CPU can work fast and the user will not have to wait for longer period. By using 16 phase power VRM it has resulted in a cooler and more stable platform as the load has lowered by spreading between the 16 phases.

The 20 phase power VRM has been designed to deliver quick response time than the previous version. It also provides uninterrupted power supply to the CPU while loading other variations. It optimizes the highest components to provide pure and smooth flow of power to the CPU. As it is better than its previous version the CPU works fast and the user will have to wait for less period. By using 20 phase power VRM it has resulted in a lower temperature and a good stable platform as the load has been reduced by distributing the load between the 20 phases. I think you should choose yourself what you want, we can just give you info that we already did. Good luck friend.