Thread: Intel H61 Micro ATX has Bent pins, Unable to attach on ASRock H61M-VS

Intel H61 Micro ATX has Bent pins, Unable to attach on ASRock H61M-VS

I am getting problem with my PC. My system is running on ASRock H61M-VS LGA 1155 motherboard that shutdowns every few seconds. First I thought that the problem is with the cooling fan then I checked for it, there was no problem .Then I checked for PSU, the PSU was also working properly. Also I checked the different model of the PSU but every PSU gave me same result. I started checking each part individually and then I found that the problem was in the CPU, the pins of the CPU were bent. What should i do ?

Re: Intel H61 Micro ATX has Bent pins, Unable to attach on ASRock H61M-VS

I have a fix for this but but if you don’t have any experience in working with your hardware then I suggest you should not attempt it, rather take help of a hardware professional who has good knowledge and experience.

To straight the pins you will need a credit card, gift cards, or ID. Place the CPU on a surface with the top down and the pins facing straight into the air run the card in various rows with bent pins in all 4 direction much like the # symbol this will straighten the pin. While doing this, watch out that you bent the other pins. You will find some pins will be bent in such manner that they touch other pins. For that you take a sewing needle or any shaped thing and slide it underneath the bent it up.

Try to fit the CPU if it doesn't fit right in the socket, check out whether any pin is still not left little bent. If so then try to pull it straight. After straighten the pins refer the manual to put the CPU into the socket properly. Press the latch arm down and out to clear the latch, after than open the CPU retainer and hold it so that it remains open, Thoroughly check out the CPU and socket to match-up the notches on both the socket and CPU, Holding the CPU in the manner that on the PCB edges line-up the top first so the top slides in from my index finger and then the bottom with my thumb, Close the CPU retainer, Pull the latch arm down under the latch. Thats it.

Re: Intel H61 Micro ATX has Bent pins, Unable to attach on ASRock H61M-VS

If you don’t want to take the risk of fixing by yourself then contact the vendor from whom you purchased it, or contact the manufacturer. Ask for the solution from them, if they are unable to provide the solution then you may need to go for the replacement of your motherboard. For the replacement you need to contact the vendor or manufacturer.