Thread: Need suggestion on best RAM for ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE

Need suggestion on best RAM for ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE

well it have been while my pc is working perfectly fine and smooth , like to tell you that this the best motherboard that I have every saw but I am thinking to upgrade the RAM on my system so I am looking for the ram that will be suitable for the ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE? Well I am thinking to put the 2 x 8GB modules on mine and that should be working on the 1600 MHz by default and if possible will able to push to 1866 MHz with doing some Overclocking . I will be using the IB chip probably an i7-3770 but they are yet to release but ram should be compatible to this , is there anyone here can help me with this I will be really appreciating this , thanks in advance

Re: Need suggestion on best RAM for ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE

Crucial 240-pin DIMMs are overused in DDR3 memory for desktop computers. DDR3 is that the latest generation of memory with an improved design that permits it to transmit information a lot of quickly. A twin inline memory module (DIMM) Consists of variety of memory elements (Usually black) That are connected to a printed circuit board . The gold pins on the lowest of the DIMM Between the providence a affiliation module and a socket on a bigger printed circuit board. The pin on the front and back of a DIMM aren't connected to every alternative. every 240-pin DIMM Provides a 64-bit information path (72-bit for ECC or registered or totally Buffered modules). (The Ballistix and Ballistix Tracer high- performance memory don't are available 72-bit or registered modules.) commonplace DDR3 240-pin DIMMs are currently attainable in PC3-8500 (DDR3 1066MHz) and PC3-10600 (DDR3 1333MHz) speeds. extra speeds are going to be added because the technology Becomes attainable. To use DDR3 memory, your system motherboard should have 240-pin DIMM slots and a DDR3-enabled chipset. as a result of this is often a DDR3 SDRAM DIMM won't match into a typical DDR2 DIMM socket or a DDR DIMM socket. the amount of black elements on a 240-pin DIMM will Vary, however it invariably has a hundred and twenty pins on the front and a hundred and twenty pins on the rear, for a complete of 240. 240-pin DIMMs are Approximately 5.25 inches long and 1.18 inches high, though the heights will Vary. whereas 240-pin DDR3 DIMMS, 240-pin DDR2 DIMMs, 184-pin DDR DIMMs, and 168-pin DIMMs are Approximately an equivalent size, 240-pin DIMMs and 184-pin DIMMs have just one notch within-the row of pins.

As far as i do know the P8Z77 isn't quad channel it's twin. That being said, i feel a "quad channel set" simply implies that you have got four chips from an equivalent batch with an equivalent specs. whether or not you buy a four chip set or two x two chip sets totally depends on the value you discover and whether or not you are obtaining the speed/latency/size/brand you wish. I've found some cases on NewEgg where a four chip set was cheaper than two x 2 chip sets of an equivalent RAM, or vice versa - you simply ought to check. I've apprehend that the QVL (a list of tested chips that ASUS included on the download page for every of its boards) is absolutely simply a tenet, as a result of ASUS cannot attainable check each combination of RAM out there. however if you actually need the safety of using RAM that is got ASUS's "stamp of approval", then use the memory . Keep in mind that a 32-bit OS can solely see ~3GB of RAM. conjointly keep in mind that Windows seven Home version can solely see 16GB of RAM. If you wish the total thirty two, then associate with the skilled or final edition. If you truly head to the websites of a number of the RAM makers, you will find that a number of them have their own lists of chips that they need qualified to run on the P8Z77 Deluxe. Crucial and G.Skill are 2 on that I've found chips that are specifically listed as being OK on the Z77 boards. examine chips at G.Skill. It's advertised as being a 1600MHz set, that is that the prime speed for the P8Z77 Deluxe while not overclocking. however the SPD speed (the "default" speed) for these chips is truly 1333MHz. to induce the total 1600 MHz, you'd ought to enable the XMP profile within the BIOS. From what I perceive, that is terribly simple, however technically it's still overclocking, and notwithstanding it is a manufacturer-sanctioned quite overclocking. If you actually need it to be hands off, ensure that the SPD speed is that the speed you wish, during this case 1600MHz. Hope this helps - this is often pretty new to me in addition . .

I guess that you are wrong on this , i do know that there's no such factor as dual-channel ,triple-channel or quad-channel memory. Memory is often single channel. That is, one memory bank is often assessed through one set of knowledge bus lines. On the opposite hand, motherboards could have over one set of knowledge bus lines for accessing many memory banks in parallel, at once. a bit like you i'm too of belief that memory vendors use those terms for a minimum of 2 reasons: for promoting functions ( for higher price) and to mention that exact set of memory chips has been tested along and can work well along.

I downloaded QVL Excel table the exact same day I bought my motherboard. abundant to my surprise there's no 32GB set listed of any vendor. i'm aware that no motherboard manufacturer will check each attainable memory set obtainable on the market, however i'm a trifle involved that no 32GB “quad-channel” memory set found its place in that QVL table ?!? will that actually mean “quad-channel” memory sets aren't welcome for my P8Z77-V Deluxe motherboard ? If that were the case i might not adore it I apprehend practically about 32bit OS limitations within the quantity of memory that would be addressed. in addition as of assorted Windows seven edition’s limitation of an equivalent. Sure, I shall associate with professional or final edition. i'll even associate with Windows 8

The most necessary factor you told me is that reality concerning SPD speed versus possible/tested speed. I didn't apprehend there was a distinction between declared/marketed speed and also the actual one as seen by the BIOS. What you told me was quite a surprise to me. But, from what I saw of Corsair, Gskill, Kingston etc. all current chips that are sold as PC3-12800 (1600MHz) all have SDP of 1333MHz. I suppose that's as a result of 1333MHz was higher limit for Sandy Bridge chipset. As new Ivy Bridge chipset has higher limit of 1600MHz i feel that memory makers can have chips with that precise SPEED of 1600MHZ terribly soon. And solely then we'll have a correct Z77 chipset memory. you bought it right. i actually need to merely plug-in the memory and have it up and running. I don't need to fiddle with voltage, speed, or the rest. however I do need my memory to be recognized as 1600MHz directly. Like that you have mention the explaining for me on enabling XMP profile within the BIOS. I didn't realize that, either. appears to me that I even have been having a trifle an excessive amount of religion in to what manufactures claim. OK, I shall enable XMP if would like be so as to induce my memory be used in full. All in all, I shall wait till Intel officially reveals its third generation of its i7 processors. I shall then offer some tome for the makers to come back out with correct Ivy Bridge chipset reminiscences and then I shall decide that one to shop for.

i'd be wrong on the The QVL will appear to incorporate quad simply no quad sets of 8GB DIMMs, that is what you are looking for. i am unable to say how soon, however I expect you will get what you wish since you are willing to attend. If you verify a number of the Z68 motherboards, you may notice that at some purpose ASUS came out with a separate QVL list specifically for 8GB DIMMs. it's totally short, however it's there: the P8Z68 Deluxe QVL solely includes one 8GB DIMM At that time you may simply ought to create a judgment decision concerning whether or not you want to have chips that are tested by ASUS, or if you'll be able to be comfy with chips that the memory vendor says they've tested on an ASUS board. I had those quite misgivings, however the recommendation I've received on this and alternative article that I saw on the web suggests that it's alright to trust the memory vendors, provided you associate with a reputable one

Well I not however received my new board however (still in shipping), however we've spent quite lots to induce a prime notch board, therefore why not get extremely quick ram? normally i select something from G Skill. However, I simply received some Team Xtreem LV (2 x4) DDR3 2133 that runs perfectly at one.5v. eam and G Skill are at the highest of this Asus Qualified Vendors List at DDR3 2600, therefore this tells me one thing concerning the memory modules they're using.