Thread: BIOS getting corrupted after doing hard shutdown to prevent continues booting

BIOS getting corrupted after doing hard shutdown to prevent continues booting

as the title of this particular thread is saying what I wanted to ask you over here. recently I have found that my computer was getting into boot loop as it was not able to resume from sleep mode. so I need to press and hold the power button so that I can shutdown my computer. once I shutdown my system I booted my system after sometime. I got BIOS was corrupted and backup BIOS was installed on my system. i could not get whether I have done something wrong when I supposed to hard shutdown my system. when my computer is getting into boot loop the hard drive LED is coming for 10 seconds and it is getting shut for 3 seconds and it supposed to proceed for reboot. This particular thing is happening at every reboot. For your information I was having s3 sleep problem and I managed to get it was associated with video driver and memory timings/voltage. I installed the latest version of drivers on my computer and I managed to fix the same. I hope it would help you to further investigate the problem of mine. Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: BIOS getting corrupted after doing hard shutdown to prevent continues booting

In this particular situation you will need to flash your main BIOS to latest version and after that setup it according to requirement of yours. once you have completed the process you should save the changes which you have made and exit. After that you will need to sync both the BIOS chips so that both of them would become same. it would be more reliable if you are having PS2 keyboard rather than that of USB keyboard.
    • After hard shutdown you should press power to boot your computer and you have to get enter into BIOS by simply pressing Del and when you see main screen you should simply press F9.
    • It would bring a new screen on your system which give more information regarding both the version of BIOS. You should see that both of them are having different exit the BIOS as well as shutdown.
    • Now you should again press power button and press Alt + F12 where you should use Del key in order to enter into BIOS. You see that monitor is getting black and you will see
    • ‘Press [Enter] to start copying main BIOS to backup BIOS...’
    • Once you have pressed enter it would display
    • ‘Writing BIOS image.... xxxKb OK ‘
    • After completion of process you will see
    • ‘BIOS successfully recovered! Power off or reset system!’
    • Now both main as well as backup bios are having same bios version. Now you have to restart your system in normal manner.
    • At the time of copying one bios image from another bios actually copying of current configuration occurs. If you are using RAID than you should set the same before you try to copy and it should be copied on any saved profile.

Re: BIOS getting corrupted after doing hard shutdown to prevent continues booting

Looking at the situation I wanted tell you something which would be useful to get the requirement of yours. by default system supposed to work on main BIOS. Many times situations occurs when main bios got corrupted and that time backup bios supposed to take control when you are going to boot your computer next time. It would copy bios file to main bios so that you can have normal system operation. As system safety concerned you will not be able to update and backup bios manually.

Well I am posting below mention instruction to flash motherboard BIOS.
    • You should enter into BIOS into 2D mode.
    • Now click on Q-Flash so that you can enter into menu.
    • Now you should take care of the thing that BIOS has been copied to USB stick.
    • After that you have to select Update BIOS From Drive.
    • Now you have to select BIOS Fxx from the USB drive which you are using.
    • You will get a prompt which will ask you ‘Are you sure to update BIOS?’
    • You should select Yes and it would simply begin the update process. The entire process would be several seconds longer so wait for the same.
    • Once process will be completed you will get ‘BIOS update is completed’ window. After update process completed you should select Reboot in order to restart your computer.
    • After rebooting of your system BIOS will be able to detect BIOS Fxx "backup" and older version of Fxx should be updated.