Thread: Gigabyte EP45-UD3L restarting constantly

Gigabyte EP45-UD3L restarting constantly

Well below mentioned are the hardware configuration of my computer.
    Gigabyte EP45-UD3L with bios F4
    2gb (2x1gb) corsair DDR2 ram dual channel kit
    Intel dual core CPU (nothing flash)
    PCI express GFX silent (not sure exact model but can find out if needed)
    Corsair Tx650PSU
    2x sata HDD
    2x pioneer DVD burners
    1x memory card reader
    Windows XP SP3
    I tried to boot my computer and it was giving POST screen. I got memory check and after around 5 to 10 second it restarted again. Well I am not having any extra card on my system. I am using my system to get an access to internet only. The very first thing I was suspecting on RAM. Well I tried couple of combination of RAM but it wont helped me. even I tried with unplugging and replugging the hard disk and see whether it is working for you or not. Can you tell me what went wrong in this particular situation? any help to resolve the matter will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

MQuasim Guest

Re: Gigabyte EP45-UD3L restarting constantly

Very first thing which I wanted to tell you over here is that you should try to clear CMOS and possibly it would help you to resolve your boot problem.
    1. You should disconnect power cable from main power supply. Now you should press and hold power button for couple of seconds that it would drain all residual energy for the PSU capacitors..
    2. After that you have to remove motherboard battery for few hours.
    3. Now reconnect power cord with power supply and boot your system.
    4. After that you have to go for BIOS and press DEL key and load Optimised BIOS Defaults.
    5. Once you have done should press F10 key from the keyboard so that you can save and exit.
    6. Now Let me know whether the solution which I stated above worked for you.

After going through the entire thing you have to do with something with RAM itself. As per the official website of Corsair this particular RAM is using 2.1V so you can test the situation by using 2.2V. Also you can give try by setting Auto into RAM timings. channel A Reference and Channel B Reference
    Command Rate should be set to auto. Also you should download and install CPUz software from the official website. It would help you know about all the stuffs associated with motherboard and RAM installed on your system. so try the thing which I have mentioned over here and also install above mentioned software and post the screen shot of it so that I can go through it and let you know about you other fixes to resolve your issue.

I wanted tell you Dual Channel on the POST supposed to be Unganged and it supposed to be better than that of Ganged for RAM modules. Ganged vs. unganged commonly associated with AMD chips. Well I wanted tell you that Intel northbridges are having capability to set to dual channel mode when couple of DIMMS are being discovered. Hence it is really important to replace DIMM into the slot pairs. Could be possible that you might need to set all the CPU setting to Auto. Also you should have memory test so that you can figure out whether there is an issue with RAM. After doing memory test let me know about the results.

Looking at the situation go through the BIOS settings, and checkout that CPU Vcore = 1.225. if it is than it should be appropriate according to me. however 1.150 volts is mentioned in Intel's specs. The VID Voltage Range should be 0.85V to 1.3625V.
    You can test the entire situation by using other PSU and another set of RAM modules. You can try by using Single RAM. You should also set DRAM Voltage = 2.12. you can give try to below mentioned settings and see what result it does providing. You should go for BIOS by pressing DEL and perform below mentioned changes.
    1.80 volts, 5-5-5-15 primary timings, memory speed = 800MHz.
    2.10 volts, 4-4-4-12 primary timings, memory speed = 800MHz.

Also I have noticed that some RAM modules Core = 1.05 or 0.95 volts. So I recommend that you should try to set MCH Core to 1.20 volts. Let me know if any of the above mentioned things work for you.

Do you have enabled Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology or EIST? If your answer is yes than it is obviously that CPU Vcore should be lower at idle. Hence I am suggesting you should disable EIST from the BIOS until and unless your system is working normally. Most probably you might not be using 8 pin EPS12V power connector. Another thing which I wanted tell you over here.
    You should set tRD such as Performance Level in MemSet, Static tRead Value in BIOS should be set to Auto. Also you can give a try by setting lowest values for Static tRead Value for both the channels. It beings with 6. FSB/DDR-rate and timings supposed to stable with 5 so you can give a try with the same.

Make sure that you have installed the latest version of motherboard drivers on your system. also you should get the latest version of BIOS on your motherboard. If it does not work for you than possibly your motherboard might be faulty itself. So that you should contact official service center and claim for the service warranty. See that motherboard should not have any physical damage.