Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Core unlocking processor on Gigabyte 990xa-ud3

Motherboard Processor & RAM

Old 23-04-2012

Core unlocking processor on Gigabyte 990xa-ud3

I have tried core unlocking Gigabyte 990xa-ud3 it succeeded, but after all the cores were unlocked, computer failed to boot up. I tried again and this time I began with disabling of all cores except for the core 0. Even in this situation, Windows 7 failed to boot. Can anyone help me with core unlocking of this processor on mo Gigabyte 990xa-ud3?

Old 23-04-2012

re: Core unlocking processor on Gigabyte 990xa-ud3

I have got a motherboard of same series which has sb750 southbridge enabled in it. Due to this, the ACC function is enabled in my system. You can try updating hybrid ec firmware and see if you can unlock cores. If this procedure leads to crashing of system frequently then it is confirmed that the processor you are using is not compatible with core unlocking feature of Gigabyte 990xa-ud3. In this situation, your operating system will crash repeatedly and go in BSOD. You can try changing the ACC function to manual instead of auto to try if it works. Now again disable all the cores except core 0 and then again start activating every core again. See the stability of your system after every core is activated. Set the turbocore to ‘off’ in BIOS. Using this process you might succeed in unlocking the fifth core successfully. When you successfully unlock the fourth core, you can use the prime block on computer. This will put a specific amount of load on your computer. Try playing heavy game like Battle field 3 or Saints Row the Third. If computer crashes than it mean that your system is unstable. If blue screen error occurs, then you should lock the previous core again and should not try to unlock cores forcibly by this method. Try decreasing the voltage as it must be the reason to these crashes. Set the value of NB Control VDD in BIOS to 1.4 and HT Link to 1.3. This will help you recover your system safely. One thing I can say for sure is that Gigabyte motherboards need high value of threshold to unlock the cores as compared to processors on other motherboards. This can be used to advantage by some hardcore overclockers.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Motherboard Processor & RAM
Tags: , , , ,