Thread: Cannot wake up system with keyboard or LAN from S3 standby mode

Cannot wake up system with keyboard or LAN from S3 standby mode

Hi friends I am using computer in which I have Gigabyte A75M-D2H motherboard, RAM 4GB. AMD processor and suddenly it has started giving me problems with standby mode. Earlier I was able to wake my system from standby mode with the help of keyboard and remote wakeup (wake on LAN) was also working but now whenever I put5 my system on S3 standby mode and then try to wake again at that time keyboard and remote wake up does not work and I need to use power button. I have tried to solve this problem by clearing the CMOS in my system but after clearing the CMOS also I get same problem. I have also connected my keyboard with different USB ports but that does not help me to solve this problem. I have windows 7 operating system. Please help me to fix it.

Re: Cannot wake up system with keyboard or LAN from S3 standby mode

As far as wake on LAN is concerned you should try below steps to fix this problem. You have to first open Network and Sharing in your computer by clicking on the start menu and then typing “Network and Sharing” in search box or you can right click on network icon on then system tray and then click on Network and Sharing option. Now after that you have to click on Change adapter settings option which you can find on the left side of the window. After clicking on the Change adapter settings you have to right click on the network connection which you are using and then choose properties option. Now you have click on button and then go to the advanced tab. Now you have to look for the wake on LAN option and then select it and click on value drop down box and select enable option. Click on OK button. In most of the cases by trying these steps your problem will get solved. You may also need to BIOS setting and go to the power management option there and see whether there is option for “Wake on LAN” or not”? if Wake on LAN option is there then you have to enable it and then save BIOS setting and after doing that you have to restart your system and then check whether your problem get resolved or not?

This problem normally occurs if somehow you have disabled “Allow this device to wake computer” option for keyboard. Try below steps to enable “Allow this device to wake computer” option again.
    • Right click on my computer and then you need to choose properties.
    • Select device manger.
    • Look for your keyboard in device list.
    • Right click on that and select properties.
    • Click on power management tab.
    • Now tick on “Allow this device to wake computer” option.
    • Select OK.

There was similar problem occurred with me also and I have tried to solution on internet and I came to know by changing the wake up setting from keyboard power management we can solve this issue and then I have tried that solution but problem does not get solved. now after that I have come to know that in BIOS setting power on by keyboard option was disabled and I have to enable it and after that I have enabled power on by keyboard option and then I have saved that setting and restart the computer. After restarting the computer my problem get solved. I think you should also try this solution.

Thank you for helping me I have read above solution and then I have first open network connection properties and then checked for the wake on LAN option and it was disabled. After that I have clicked on values drop down and selected enabled option and then clicked on OK and wake on LAN option started working properly. now after that I ticked “Allow this device to wake computer” option from power management for key board but after doing that also my problem does not get solved. I have also changed the setting from BIOS regarding power on by keyboard and then when I restart my computer but after that also I get same problem. if anyone have any more idea then let me know.

According to me you should go to the BIOS setting and then you have to check whether Legacy USB support option is enabled or not? If it not enabled then you should enable it and save that setting. If it is already enabled then you have to disable it and then save the settings and reboot your computer. after rebooting your system you have to go to the BIOS menu again and then enable Legacy USB support option again and save it. Now when reboot your system at that time you will not face any issues. If after trying this trick also you get same issue then i will; suggest you to contact Gigabyte support and then discuss about the problem which you are facing and then they will provide you proper solution.

If above solution does not help you to resolve this problem then you should Go to the official site of the Gigabyte and then look for your motherboard and select download option. Now choose BIOS from there and then download latest BIOS version. After downloading that you have to burn CD with latest BIOS file in it and with the help of that CD you have to update BIOS in your system and then check whether same problem is occurring or not? I was also having same problem and then I have update BIOS in my system and then my problem get solved.