Thread: ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3 does not show BIOS screen with iGPU and D-Sub connector

ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3 does not show BIOS screen with iGPU and D-Sub connector

It seems like this problem is only with me. The computer works fine but every time I boot up the computer I am not able to see the BIOS screen. It looks like the system does not even showing me a BIOS screen. There is no problem with other operation of computer and it works fine. I cannot see anything on the monitor until windows logo or flag gets displayed the screen. When I press the DEL during the Boot, the computer just sits there and monitor is blank. I am currently using the CRT monitor which is connected using the VGA (D-sub) connector. I don’t have extra monitor or a dedicated graphics card to check the system. With the previous version BIOS I didn’t had any kind of problem. The problem started only after the update and I made a update through the USB stick and the EZ Flash option. What should I do now?

Re: ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3 does not show BIOS screen with iGPU and D-Sub connector

When seeing this issue, there are several things coming up in my mind. First of all make sure that you had set the XMP profile in bios. If you are using the Video card, you have to initiate graphics adapter option for PCie/PCI in bios. But if you want to run your system on iGPU as first initialize option and then you have to use the DSUB port for installing Intel graphics driver. There is no way you can simply switch iGPU or video card mode around at will since both are mutually exclusive. If Intel drivers installed, then also the system will not able to in PCIe mode. However if AMD/NVidia driversinstalled, then system will not show anything in iGPU mode. If there are no drivers, then you should choose VGA DSUB first bios.

Did you try clearing out the CMOS?

Make sure that you have properly seated the CPU on the socket and not over torque the backplated/CPU cooler. If needed try a new CMOS battery and check it’s making good contact with the motherboard. While reading some article over the internet I came to know that Asus UEFI Bios has some issues with ATI cards as well as connection types. Several people have also suggested that those who are using the Asus motherboard and cannot see BIOS screen, they need to connect the monitor via the VGA port in the graphics card. Otherwise it is not possible for you to see POST and BIOS screen. You can use DVI -> VGA adapter or any other compatible depending the connector and ports you had on the motherboard, monitor and GPU. If still the same problem, you might need to bios version 3101 and 3201 back and forth. Did you try different keys for entering the BIOS? I have seen this kind of issues with very old computer which are recently upgraded a bit but not with any new ones yet.

The board would probably still have dip switches or jumpers for the FSB. If they are set too high, either the CPU or the RAM will stop working properly. It seems like something must be very high in the BIOS settings. So Clear CMOS (BIOS reset when the PC is off) and see if it starts it. The iGPU processor could be faulty or damaged on the motherboard. You might have luck with other monitor or with a dedicated Graphics card.

What kind of RAM you are using?

Did you try flashing the BIOS using the ASUS CrashFree BIOS? I assume that this method might be very useful to flash the BIOS of the motherboard for several reasons: bug fixes, new features, support for new processors etc. But sometimes it can have the completely opposite effect! For example the 0904 BIOS for the P5B-E that was no longer start the machine beyond the home screen with an ATI X1950 while it worked fine with the previous version. Utilities present on some motherboards such as Asus CrashFree BIOS can usually recover a failed flash as follows: The BIOS contains an area called the bootblock which is contained in the recovery tool. This is generally not bootblock never updated when flashing, it is unlikely it is corrupted. At boot time the BIOS checks its integrity and if it is bad recovery tool starts (with or without screen display depending on the damage). In our case, for a flash that was successful but with a hardware compatibility problem or bug to the finish while preventing access to the BIOS or classic flashing tool. CrashFree is the ultimate solution. Unfortunately this solution is not documented.