Thread: ASUS shipping faulty P8Z68V-PRO Gen3 motherboards

ASUS shipping faulty P8Z68V-PRO Gen3 motherboards

Few days ago I have received the brand new ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO GEN3 motherboard directly from the company. I have installed it on my computer and installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. Before that I did a BIOS update using the EZ Flash. Currently the motherboard is running 3202 BIOS. I didn’t know which one it has before but after this update, it really fed up. The memory locks at 1333MHz (they're certified for 1600MHz). I cannot change it at all and if I try to change it, the system won’t boot at all. However in EZ Mode also it is not possible for me to choose the Optimal Settings. The OC options are also missing now. Even I cannot change the multiplier. Seems like this new BIOS missing with some features. What do I do now?

Re: ASUS shipping faulty P8Z68V-PRO Gen3 motherboards

I think that you have updated the BIOS from 0402 to 3202. You should follow the proper procedure in order to update the BIOS. You must clear the CMOS after any 3XXX bios update. Then go for the fresh Windows 7 installation with all new drivers since you are running new BIOS. Make sure that you are updating the BIOS only if you are going to run an IVY Bridge CPU otherwise there is no use at all. If the flash was not 100% perfect, the BIOS chip could be damaged and for that you have to buy a new preprogrammed chip from the ASUS E-Store. However if you have slight information or knowledge about BIOS update or downgrade, you can redo of 3202 using ASUS bupdater 1.3.

Just assembled my new system:
    • Asus P8Z68 V Pro
    • i7 2600k
    • 2x4 Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 (the two blue slots)

After connecting the power plug I press the power button and the CPU fan jerks every 3 seconds short, but does not rotate. No picture, no beep. Disconnect everything from the network again and again press the power button. CPU fan is now spinning continuously, and the CPU LED flickers. No picture, no beep. The same happens with another monitor to the VGA output. I have unsuccessfully tried the following:
    • BIOS battery out and then no
    • CMOS reset jumper on
    • Taken out a memory module
    • A memory repositioned in the black slot
    • SSD staked
    • Unplugged mouse and keyboard
    • EPU and TPU turned on / off
    • HDD is connected, not at the beginning only to turn to
    • CPU and reinstalled

I assume that something is defective. Since I do not know if this is motherboard, CPU or memory, and I have no other hardware to test the parts that I need to send everything back to MF well back

Have you checked the memory times with gold memory? In which slot contains the two ram-bars? You should also remove all unnecessary USB devices. The Asus boards like to have problems with some USB devices. Perhaps it is also about two problems. Once the hanging bios and had problems with Windows because it was not reinstalled, what to do with such a change actually.