Thread: After changing DDR3 speed to 1867mhz AMD FX 8150 do not boot

After changing DDR3 speed to 1867mhz AMD FX 8150 do not boot

I have AMD FX 8150 processor, ASUS Crosshair IV Formula motherboard and 8GB (2GB X 4) DDR3 RAM and my computer works fine when I set ram sped to 1600mhz. Now after that I have open BIOS setting and then selected DRAM Frequency option from the Extreme Tweaker, now after that I have selected 1867 and saved that setting. but after that my computer does not boot and put me on the BIOS screen again. I am using windows 7 operating system and BIOS version is 3017. What should I do to boot my system with DDR3 speed to 1867mhz? Any help will be appreciated.

Re: After changing DDR3 speed to 1867mhz AMD FX 8150 do not boot

You should first clear CMOS in your system and then you have to set DOCP for AI Overclock Tuner and after doing that you have to see whether it makes any difference or not? First you need to turn off your computer and then open computer cabinet and then open cabinet and look for CMOS jumper. You will that jumper cap set on the pin 1-2 and you need to move it to 2-3, after few five seconds move jumper cap to its original place and then you have to start your computer again or you can also clear CMOS with the help of clr CMOS button which you can find on the back of cabinet. Once you clear CMOS you have to start your computer and press delete key and go to the BIOS menu. In BIOS menu you have to look for the AI Overclock Tuner option which will be under Extreme Tweaker tab and set DOCP for it. Save setting and restart your computer and then see whether you can set DDR3 to 1867mhz or not? I hope after setting DOCP for AI Overclock Tuner your problem will get solved. If you need any more help regarding this then let me know.

Yes I totally agree with above solution. I was also having same issue with my system in which I have Asus motherboard and then I have first thought problem with my RAM and that is why I have tried different RAM stick but later I came to know that I have to set DOCP in AI overclock Tuner option and then I have tried that and saved BIOS setting and then my problem get solved.

I have tried cleared CMOS and then I have set DOCP in AI overclock Tuner option and after that I have saved all the setting in BIOS and tried to boot the system by setting RAM speed to 1867 MHz at that time also I get same speed. I have also tried to find solution on internet but I didn’t get any help from there also. If anyone knows about how to solve this issue then please help me. Thank you in advance.

You have mentioned that there is 3017 BIOS in your system and that is why I would like to tell you that new BIOS 3027 is available on internet and you should update your system and your problem will get solved. First of all you should download Crosshair IV Formula BIOS 3027 from official site if Asus or by clicking here DOWNLOAD. After downloading the BIOS update file you need to create bootable CD of it and then restart your system and update the BIOS. After updating the BIOS you have to do all the BIOS setting again and then check whether same problem is occurring not? I hope this solution will resolve your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Marquise View Post
    You have mentioned that there is 3017 BIOS in your system and that is why I would like to tell you that new BIOS 3027 is available on internet and you should update your system and your problem will get solved. First of all you should download Crosshair IV Formula BIOS 3027 from official site if Asus or by clicking here DOWNLOAD. After downloading the BIOS update file you need to create bootable CD of it and then restart your system and update the BIOS. After updating the BIOS you have to do all the BIOS setting again and then check whether same problem is occurring not? I hope this solution will resolve your problem.
    In my system I have Crosshair IV Formula motherboard and I was also having problem with RAM frequency. I have tried to update BIOS in my system by during the BIOS update process my system crashed and when I restarted computer at that time I get “BIOS ROM checksum” error. I don’t know what went wrong. I tried all the possible steps to solve this problem without any luck. Please help me to get rid of this issue. Thank you in advance.

You can fix this problem with help of motherboard support CD. You have to insert motherboard support CD and restart your computer and then recover utility will detect the CD and look for the BIOS file in it. Once it detects the update file then It will start recovering process and after it gets over you have to restart your system and then you problem get solved. If after performing this steps also if you get same problem then let me know.

You can also recover BIOS with the help of USB flash disk. You have to copy BIOS update file in the USB flash disk and then plug USB flash disk in to USB port and then start your computer. Now recover utility will detect USB flash disk and then start BIOS recover process and after recovering process you have to restart your computer and then see what the result is.