Thread: Need some advice on setting up Intel i5 Configuration

Need some advice on setting up Intel i5 Configuration

Hello Guys I want to upgrade my desktop. My PC is running very slow. The Desktop configuration is Gigabyte g31 mother board, Pentium Dual Core processor, 1GB RAM and 160 GB hard drive. I am thinking of upgrading it to the new i5. Can anyone provide me the configuration of the i5. And will I be able to upgrade my desktop to i5?

Re: Need some advice on setting up Intel i5 Configuration

I suggest you to update to Intel Core i5-560UMT Processor. It will good and affordable for you. If your mother board doesn’t support this CPU then have to update your mother board to avail i5 processor. You can update your RAM to 4GB with that you will have no issues in using multi tasking and no longer waiting. It supported socket is BGA1288. Its 64 bit processor, it will provide you best performance for desktop. The CPU is of 1.33GHz and its maximum turbo frequency is up to 2.13 GHz. Its 2 core and 4 thread CPU. The most amazing part of this CPU is that the cache provided is 3 MB of cache which improves its speed and performance. Its graphics base frequency is 166 MHz and maximum up to 500 MHz. The maximum memory size limit is of 8 GB only you cannot extend above 8 GB.

Yes you can upgrade your system to i5. If you are a gamer then you will love this processor. It is the 2nd Gen Technology from Intel. You have to update your mother board to avail i5 processor. It supported socket is FCLGA1155. It’s a 64 bit processor. You can update to Intel Core i5-2390T Processor it will provide you best performance for desktop. The CPU is of 2.7GHz and its maximum turbo frequency is up to 3.5 GHz. Its 2 core and 4 thread CPU. The most amazing part of this CPU is that the cache provided is 3 MB of cache which improves its speed and performance. The max memory size is 32GB depending on the type of memory. You can also play graphic games without using graphics card as it has integrated HD graphics with dynamic frequency. Its graphics base frequency is 650 MHz and maximum up to 1.1 GHz. now can imagine how fast and better is this CPU and why I am suggesting you.

If you want to upgrade your desktop to i5 then my advice is to use Intel Core i5-660 Processor. There are many options available for you to choose from the i5 processors list. But according to me this would the best for you. It’s a 64 bit processor. Supporting socket is FCLGA1156. There are 2 cores and 4 thread in it. Maximum turbo frequency of this CPU is 3.6 GHz. It uses the Intel’s smart cache and the cache provided is 4 MB. The memory size limit is 16 GB depends on the type of memory available. The graphics base frequency is 733MHz. I think that you should go for this as the GHz of the CPU is higher and it will process will be quick compared to your old one it will be at lightning speed. This CPU has good configuration and if I were at your place then I would chosen this CPU. I think that this is the best CPU for home use.