Thread: Is single / double loop enough for CPU and GPU

Is single / double loop enough for CPU and GPU

Hello friends just wanted to know some information, if not setup watercooler then single loop is enough for CPU and GPU. There are plenty of new cards which are really good and when you check out temperature of them are really low if compare with older cards, I do think that it is worth to revisiting again. It even appear that plenty of GPU intensive where as CPU intensive and it is same as when it is opposite and it will be very much odd when both of them are running at full bore simultaneously till time you find it to be folding seem which be rarely slow. Well for cleanliness flow and many other factors is it. If I do not setup watercooler for CPU and GPU, then it will be work with single / double loop or not? What you people have to say about it? Thank you.

Re: Is single / double loop enough for CPU and GPU

I would share my experience with you and also agree with pints you have pointed out. I do know that it is unreliable and not scientific, but it is not affecting me at all as having six water blocks that too with a single loop and it is working properly with it. one thing I have noticed that having water cooling then it will be lot cleaner and will be working well without having motherboard and water block and really not wanted to suggest anyone but it is working fine in my system. If I have to try it then will be doing it on first build. Then also it depends that which one you are trying to go for. Whereas you have got right point that GPU vs. CPU intensive tasks are very much mutually exclusive. One serious thing would like to tell that I was thinking to test it on my system as wanted to have a quite pc so that I can continue working on it having lot of work load. The main thing which I wanted to do was to spin up the fans and just fans of GPUs are been taxed and it same thing for CPU also, so I do believe that two loops make sense. There are plenty of people do not care about it and for them single loop is very much fine.

I believe that it very much easier and less in cost to custom water-cool as single loop in series. There is requirement of having one pump, one resistor and might be one rad which will be a big drawback beside you are using it in highest performance card in SLI or X-fire loops and also the entire water which is their inside water-cooling loop is somewhat 1 or 2C. It will be hardly bit hotter when coming out directly from serial card. Due to which it makes it unnecessary to do multiple loops most of situation. Anyhow as above user have said there might be exceptions and most common thing will be that is if you do not having excess cooling. So in that case you will require keeping CPU cool to aggressively overclock in one loop and allow VGA cards temperatures then drifting upwards to other loop. I would like to tell that VGA cards are able to work under 80 to 90C that also they are under load and which will be gaining in water-cooling and will be making less noise with small fans of its. I do believe that card should work fine at 80C that also under load if having good water-block. Whereas above user was able to gain more control with its water-cooling system, but it is very much important to be knowing that you are capable to run a high-performance single loop which is not making noise. I would suggest that you just purchase enough radiator surface area. When you are not having enough radiator surface area then there is need to have multiple loops. I would explain with an example of my system, running all fans at 1200 rpm straight to the 12 volt Molex, not going through motherboard and not having any of fan controllers, so using it single without fan controller or PWM and it will be best and easy way for you and might be getting high performer and also it will be quiet enough, but require to have enough of rad. When you can select a single or multiple loop anyone of them, when it is done properly, but there are plenty of methods to do custom water-cooling.

I would suggest that use NZXT Sentry-2 5.25" Touch Screen fan controller which will be best but it is not having any many good reviews. There is one biggest drawback about it, that there is battery which is need to be replaced in the Sentry unit and most of user have told that battery does not work for longer, but whereas I am using there is no such problem about it. I do think that batter power retains the controller settings. When you remove or add battery then need to set all fans again. One thing which most of Lamptron ones are having is that it is having dialed controlled not LCD and due to which they are not able to see option for killing the lighting. I have no point in against to dials but I really love the Look of LCD for showing it off and even the option to kill it whenever I wish to do it.

I have a triple thin 140mm rad a d5 pump and an m6 and 580 DD square. GPU maximum middle 40C and CPU middle 60C under OCCT. When I do a capacity supply test with OCCT, they are a small higher. No requirement for a fan controller, the Noctuas are as quiet as it gets. If I am going with a 2 x triple 140 rad when I get sli for CPU and for GPUs.