Thread: Which is better motherboard ASRock P67 Pro3 , ASRock A75 Pro4 or ASRock Z68 Extreme 4

Which is better motherboard ASRock P67 Pro3 , ASRock A75 Pro4 or ASRock Z68 Extreme 4

hi guys

I need help here actually I am plain got make my own build , and I need help on selecting the motherboard I have three choice form with I have to select

• ASRock P67 Pro3
    • ASRock A75 Pro4
    • ASRock Z68 Extreme 4

Actually I am on budget so by the looks of it ASRock Z68 Extreme 4 is little too expensive for me so I need to know that does whether Pro3 will be the best option that the other two , I just don’t want to disappointed , the major difference that I can see is the Pros don't have gold caps is that going to have any problem . if you have any other suggestion then I am all here to listen . well I was thinking to go for the Extreme3, Gen3, although then IB and Z77 came. I will be really appreciate this

Thanks

Re: Which is better motherboard ASRock P67 Pro3 , ASRock A75 Pro4 or ASRock Z68 Extreme 4

Motherboard ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 you will achieve your dream machine, depending on your needs and your budget. With support for Intel Core second generation (Intel Core i3, i5 and Core i7 LGA packaging 1155), more efficient and less energy than previous generation processors, the Intel Core socket on 1155 offer better performance per watt and better price / performance ratio. Compatible with PCI-Express 3.0 next generation Through the use of electronic components "Quick Switch" PCI-E 3.0 board, the ASRock motherboard is compatible with PCI-Express 3.0 next generation! The PCI-Express 3.0 increases the available bandwidth for graphics cards PCI-E 3.0 and next generation ensures ultimate performance. Note: The bandwidth of the PCI-Express 3.0 will be fully exploited with the release of future Intel Ivy Bridge in spring 2012 (limited to PCI-Express 2.0 with an Intel Sandy Bridge). Find the latest innovations such as the SATA 6Gb / s and USB 3.0 speeds and transfer rates with your records and discs compatible devices! The ASRock Z68 Extreme4 integrates the best of today's technologies. With the management of integrated graphics processor with Intel Core second generation, this motherboard allows you to benefit from a good display for your HD entertainment applications, easily and without using a dedicated graphics card. Its video outputs mutiples (VGA / DVI / DisplayPort / HDMI) make it the perfect solution for Media Center PCs and other HD HTPC platform. Incredibly versatile, the motherboard ASRock Z68 Extreme4 you will build a custom PC. Support modes ATI CrossFireX multi-GPU and NVIDIA SLI offers the possibility to realize a high-end configuration Gamer easily with one, two or three graphics cards!

Key Features:
    • Support for the 2nd generation Intel Core i7 / i5 / i3 on socket 1155
    • Up to 32 GB of DDR3 RAM in Dual Channel
    • Support for Intel graphics controllers Graphics HD 2000/3000
    • Multiple video outputs: VGA / DVI / DisplayPort / HDMI
    • 3 PCI-Express x16 mechanical with 2 PCI-E 3.0
    • Multi-GPU Technology ATI CrossFireX and NVIDIA SLI
    • 4-port Serial ATA 6Gbps and 4 ports Serial ATA 3Gbps
    • Up to 4 USB 3.0 ports, 2 front thanks to Module 3 "1/2 included!
    • 8-channel HD audio (7.1) with S / PDIF / THX TruStudio PRO

Re: Which is better motherboard ASRock P67 Pro3 , ASRock A75 Pro4 or ASRock Z68 Extreme 4

ASRock Techzine the Sandy Bridge P67 Pro3 Motherboard. There are few noteworthy features, but obviously the support for the new Sandy Bridge processors from Intel. The ASRock board will be available for a price of approximately 110 euros. For this money you get a motherboard with two USB 3.0 and SATA 6 Gb / s ports and special ASRock Caps Dura, which is of high quality Japanese capacitors would be. A final important feature of the ASRock P67 Pro3 board is that the user is provided with an EFI BIOS. The motherboard is built on a dark PCB, also we see primarily white, and blue light come back on the board. It is not a gem of design, but the design is clear. It is notable that around the socket for the processor not four holes. There are only eight holes to the socket, leaving the next coolers for LGA1155 socket also processor coolers for the LGA775 socket on the board fit.

ASRock Z68 Extreme 4 have ASRock Xfast USB technology redefines the rules of performance. Once again, ASRock says its status as leader in the motherboard market. The ranges of ASRock motherboards equipped with USB technology ASRock Xfast guarantee the USB transfer rates the highest in the market today. With Lucid Virtu software, systems with Intel Core second generation will be assigned dynamically and in real-time tasks to the best available graphics controller depending on the power, performance and functionality needed. Intel Smart Response technology allows users of all hard disks and SSD to speed up the access time of their HDD using the SSD as a cache hard disk. Compared to other motherboards based on the Z68 chipset who experience limitations in terms of PCI-Express, the ASRock Z68 offers a number of PCI-E sufficient available through PLX chipset integrated PEX8608. With the PLX controller, the PCI-Express slots are available, allowing devices to run at their native speed and simultaneously. The UEFI for Unified Extensible Firmware Interface, is a BIOS utility that offers an innovative ergonomic and intuitive interface. Faced with the old BIOS, many functions have been improved with the arrival of UEFI. The software ASRock Extreme Tuning Utility (AXTU) is an all-in-one for adjusting numerous settings including hardware monitoring, fan control, overclocking utilities and OC DNA and IES, all in within a single, intuitive interface. The fan control allows adjustment of the rotational speed and displays the temperatures recorded by the system. The overclocking tool allows adjusting the CPU frequency, ratio and the voltage for optimum performance. With the help of OC DNA, you can save your overclocking profiles to share with your friends. They can then import these profiles in their system to use the same settings as you. Function IES (Intelligent Energy Saver) makes the control voltages depending on processor activity, allowing energy savings without sacrificing performance.

In terms of performance in AIDA64 i like to tell may say that the ASRock P67 Pro3 motherboard with the best part. There are only two tests that i the board not the best place to find and thus the conclusion is pretty obvious. Although ASRock P67 Pro3 few special features to the motherboard given, in terms of performance is it all good. In the other benchmarks I see a similar picture. ASRock P67 Pro3 is invariably in the upper echelons of the field to find and so I can determine that the performance of the Pro3 faultless. this system has normal or good performance compared with the other boards for the Sandy Bridge processors tested. Especially when I look at the system with default settings, excels the ASRock motherboard really. In terms of overclocking capabilities must ASRock are several recognized in a number of other boards, but these signs are a blow that is more expensive and therefore not something to be shy about.

Pros

• Very good performance;
    • excellent overclocking
    • EFI bios works fine in combination with mouse;
    • excellent price / performance ratio.

Cons

• Few special features;
    • few connections.

ASRock A75 Pro4 With the Llano APU has also changed a lot in terms of chipsets for AMD. It should be emphasized above all that is now also moved the PCIe controller (similar to Intel's Sandy Bridge) to the CPU. This is no longer necessary additional chipset, which provides the PCIe lanes. In Llano AMD can therefore rely on a pure single-chip design in which the chipset is only responsible for the periphery. Here, the A75 chipset SATA3 6 and 4 native USB3 ports. The equipment of the board is good. As already mentioned, there are 5 SATA3, a total of 4 eSATA3 and USB3 ports. To connect the fan board provides a total of 5 ports, two ports for the CPU (3 pin, 4 pin) and three ports (one 4-pin) for case fans. The layout of the A75 Pro4 recalls at first sight to the GA-A75-D3H. Thus initially falls, the arrangement on the expansion slots. Here, two PEG ASRock ports, two PCIe 1x slots and three PCI slots. Unlike some other boards from ASRock AMD can now easily use two PCIe 1x slots and long expansion cards. The second PCIe 1x slot would be the use of a graphics card in many cases, but can no longer use. In addition, the somewhat unusual position falls on the CMOS battery. This would be covered by a graphics card. To clear the CMOS but offers you a button at the ATX panel.

The ASRock A75 Pro4 is really nice Of the five SATA ports on the motherboard are bent fourth The fifth line is not bent, this is slightly higher than the PEG port, so that the connection can be blocked with long PCI cards barely. If, however, still places ASRock in angled SATA cable. The two power connectors (8 pin 12V and ATX) are well positioned. The same applies to the on-board header to connect the front-lines, etc. In addition, ASUS provides more onboard button and a debug LED. As with Gigabyte GA-A75-D3H falls on an ASRock board also for the small distance between the CPU socket and RAM slots. With the combination of Zerotherm NV120 G.Skill Sniper modules and they collide in the first memory slot. Certainly, such a combination of memory and large heat sinks in Llano is unusual. Users should clarify in advance but, if there could be problems. With the power supply ASUS sets to 4 +1 phases. This ferrite chokes are used. When the MOSFET is dispensed in a more efficient but low RDS (on) models, using only conventional MOSFETs, which have a lower efficiency. Per phase, two MOSFETs are used. These are passively cooled. Between the aluminum heat sink and the MOSFET it sits a thermal pad,

The ASRock A75 Pro4 layout of the PCB has succeeded to a large extent well. The main headers, connectors and expansion slots are easily accessible. As with the GA-A75-D3H fall on an ASRock board also for small inconsistencies. It might have been able to position the CMOS battery better and also the distance between the base and the memory slots could be larger. With large heat sinks and high memory modules may be problems here. On the CPU, memory, and 3D performance, there are between the two boards we have tested, no differences. The same applies to the SATA3 and PCI performance. The first is on par with other current platforms. The performance of the A75 PCI chipsets, however, is somewhat weaker than the asmedia PCI - PCI bridge, which is used in many current Intel boards are used. The USB performance, thanks to the ASRock XFast convince software again. Especially the USB3 performance but increases significantly. The power consumption of the Gigabyte board is using the default values significantly lower than the GA-A75-D3H, which will be reached by the strong decrease of the Vcore voltage. With similar stress levels st the Gigabyte board a little frugal.

ASRock Z68 Extreme 4 has the acronym means CCO Combo Cooler Option. This is an exclusive characteristic of ASRock motherboards. CCO provides the flexibility to use different types of radiators kits for processors in LGA775 or LGA1155 / LGA1156 on the same motherboard using the appropriate mounting holes. Once again, ASRock Launches Innovative design and versatility with its system CCO. The THX TruStudio PRO is specially designed to reproduce the sonic experience of a live performance, film or a recording studio on your PC. THX TruStudio PRO integrates the latest technological developments which are the result of years of collective experience and research. These technologies meet the intentions of creative artists in each of your experiences sound musical, play or film. The front panel includes two USB 3.0 ports and has a rack for SSD / HDD 2.5 ".

the ASRock A75 Pro4 has a good figure. All important functions are working properly. Only in the short test Linux (Ubuntu 11.04) there is, as for the GA-A75-D3H, problems with USB3 function. This should be remedied soon, but with new driver / kernel. Striking is the strong Under Volten with the auto settings, which is due to the LLC option. This can be explained by the LLC Umstelle levels of car to 1/4 but correct. Otherwise, especially convincing the good fan control in which all 5 ports are the same on-board adjustable. Such a large number of adjustable connections not even offer all high-end boards. The bottom line is the ASUS A75 Pro4 good Llano board. Can convince especially the good and the good fan control and overclocking undervolting results. The layout, however, has two small weaknesses. The UEFI has options for the GPU clock and the CPU multi ASRock still get a grip. But these are just little things. The board is priced at 82 € (as of 21.8) at a level that is appropriate because of the necessary equipment

the asrock p67 pro3 is broad, almost five inches taller than my ex P5Q, but is visually well ventilated. The chipset heatsink is really small and does not heat, show a ridiculous consumption. And this is true, with the 2500K mounted under 4.7Ghz 1.35V, I'm in idle 94W, 105W instead of the E5400 Good, support it consumes about 60 - 70W more, which is quite logic. The VRM are also well cooled Importantly for good overclock. Bottom right, we have a power button, reset, and an LED display error code, if it does not boot, as detailed in the instructions. And finally, what made me choose this card, the mounting holes in cooler for socket 775, which allowed me to mount my Thermaltake Sonic Tower. The map is not very likely with the RAM, since it works without problems with the quality select LDLC. She seems stable, I've had no crashes, no worries. The only unknown is how long it will live, but I'm confident The EFI is nice, and supports my wireless mouse. It has two ports USB3, SATA 2 ports 3 and a rear port eSATA 3, but cons, it is shared with an internal SATA port, so if it is used, it disables the first three internal SATA port, finally, if I understand. ASRock has greatly improved since 2 or 3 years.