Thread: Will Ripjaws Z Series 64GB work on ASRock X79 Extreme 9

Will Ripjaws Z Series 64GB work on ASRock X79 Extreme 9

I am helping my friend to build his extreme system. He had bought a kit of Ripjaws Z Series 64GB ram chips. There are 8 stick of 8GB each. The board we have here is ASRock X79 Extreme 9. I want to know whether this 64GB ram kit will work on the board I had mentioned. We had tried installing the same but the system does not boot. There is no display on the screen. We are also adding dual nvidia gpu on the same. I need some help to find out a bit information on the hardware compatibility.

Re: Will Ripjaws Z Series 64GB work on ASRock X79 Extreme 9

Did you checked the motherboard configuration before buying those things. Always see that first. I had build up a new high end system. I want to add 16GB ram on the same. The board which I had selected support only 8GB. I found a second alternative motherboard from Gigabyte which offered me upto 32GB ram support. And the system is working really well now. Just check the full hardware configuration of the motherboard. This will be helpful to find the maximum amount of ram chip that will work.

Asrock X79 Extreme9 is a high end board that supports upto 64GB of ram. This board is simply awesome with high end processor support. There might be some issue with your setup. Do this, add a pair of two ram sticks each time. And then boot your system. Some of the sticks might not be compatible. You have to check the configuration of each sticks whether they are all common or not. If not then you have to change it. You need ram stick with same mhz to work properly.