Thread: Windows unable to install on RAID drive (RAID0 Vertex setup) when intel DP67BG UEFI is enabled.

Windows unable to install on RAID drive (RAID0 Vertex setup) when intel DP67BG UEFI is enabled.

so as per the title , I am having issues as windows is unable to install on RAID drive (RAID0 Vertex setup and (Vertex 3 + Vertex 3 Max Iops) when DP67BG UEFI is enabled. In addition, the drive shows up during the installation but the setup tells me it cannot be installed onto the drive, but it will tend to permit me to press next at any rate. I made a viewe in this case regarding the drive and it has been confirmed that it is entirely cleaned so it shouldn't have MBR nor GPT. Earlier (in AHCI mode) Windows setup routinely created GPT to the single drive. It appears like the installation will tend to go OK, but the system is unable to boot from it. So gusy are you concerned to the same issue or anyone among you have managed to get RAID working with UEFI Boot alternative. I require to tell you that the drives are connected to Intel SATA3 interface and make use of the motherboard own raid controller that's in the chipset.so please assist me so that it is possible for windows to install on RAID drive .

Re: Windows unable to install on RAID drive (RAID0 Vertex setup) when intel DP67BG UEFI is enabled.

This case was concerned to me previously, and actually this occurs even on single drive volumes that are only controller by the RAID bios. As a result, I mean to say that RAID mode along with UEFI Boot enabled will not able to make an installation possible for Windows in UEFI mode (GPT). I'm making use of the most recent 2040 UEFI on the board. I as well made several attempts for loading RAID drivers throughout the setup but it did not helped in my case. I don’t have any idea regarding it as Windows setup tells me "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu." And according to this , it means that I am not able to even migrate to RAID from single volume.

Re: Windows unable to install on RAID drive (RAID0 Vertex setup) when intel DP67BG UEFI is enabled.

I need to ask you that does the OS install on regular drives configured as above. And if it does not behave as per the regular drives , then it is but obvious that it will not be good enough to serve on what you are supposing. So configuring RAID while UEFI is enabled should not be a issue. And in this case , you can make attempts to try deleting the RAID volume and creating it once more and according to this step, it will guarantee that no partition information is left on the drives. As well, you can make attempts for installing the operating system on a single drive, and then migrating to a RAID volume. And you should make a note of one thing that RAID must be enabled in the BIOS previous to the OS installation.

The previous posts says it correctly as what actually happens if you make an installation of the Windows with RAID Enabled along with UEFI Disabled, and then enabled followed by the loading of the OS. So just make some attempts here and then post the reply for the same.

The previous posts says it correctly as what actually happens if you make an installation of the Windows with RAID Enabled along with UEFI Disabled, and then enabled followed by the loading of the OS. So just make some attempts here and then post the reply for the same.
    Thanks for your valuable reply. And to answer your question it tells me that there is no bootable drive found. I then made some rigorous testing and I at this time have a RAID0 drive with Windows which I made an installation in RAID on along with the UEFI Boot off. Windows setup made this drive MBR. I as well have a single drive with installed Windows under AHCI mode along with the UEFI Boot on. And this drive is GPT. And with RAID mode on as well as UEFI on neither drive will boot. As well as If the RAID mode is on the system is completely unbootable as the UEFI unable to locate any drives to boot from in UEFI mode.With UEFI Boot on as well as AHCI mode the system will boot from the lone drive that Windows was installed in UEFI mode. As well as with UEFI Boot off and RAID mode the system will tend to boot from the RAID drive that has MBR.so ultimately, I need to say that the issue lies in the current UEFI version obtainable (2040). But there just no means to boot from UEFI if the RAID mode is on.hope this helps.

It has also been said previously that enabling UEFI Boot option and RAID mode in EFI will tend to cause this problem. It doesn't in fact matter if I'm making attempts to make an installation to a RAID volume or else booting from earlier set up EFI volume. For some cause the system just is not able to boot from GPT volume if the drive is controlled by RAID (in RAID mode even single drives are controlled by it). I have seen many such users who have been able to configure 2TB+ RAID volumes, and make them bootable by means of UEFI enabled. There shouldn't be any issues in the procedure.

Are you having some more solutions in this case as it is not solving and I have an Asus Sabertooth 990FX and am making attempts to build a Raid 5 array by making use of the 3 1.5Tb WD Green drives. There appears to be no means to enter the RAID alternative bios so that we are able to configure the raid array under UEFI as there is when BIOS is controlling the POST process. I am able to make the Raid 5 work if I create it making use of less than the full 1.5 Tb drive capacity for every drive in the array relying on BIOS as well as MBR hard drive partition, but my objective is to have a sole volume Raid 5 array which is just shy of 3 Tb in size, with Win 7 x64 pro loaded onto it by making use of UEFI and the stock raid controller on the motherboard.

Hello guys in my case , I'm making use of the ASUS M5A99X EVO I'm doing the same thing you are doing, clearly its working. I am just shy of 8TB with a Raid 5 setup. Uefi is supposed to let for partitions over 100 TB. I also have an additional system with the ASUS crossfire V which is having same issues but after updating the bios to the latest version it was totally solved. So you can also make similar attempts so that you are able to solve the issue.